It would seem as though I’m trying to drink my way through the rainbow, lemonade style. First there was bright red with Beet Lemonade. Here we have a pretty peachy-orange color with Peach Cardamom Lemonade. We also worked in the deep purple with Fresh Blueberry Mint Lemonade.
I’ve missed green lemonade but I figure we can work some sort of cucumber jalapeño situation into our future.
I’ll tell you now, I’m showing no signs of stopping this drinkable rainbow. Hop on the lemonade train now! I know you’re thirsty.
This Summer is brought to you by lemons, over-ripe fruit, and a dose of sugar. Cheers to us!
Coarsely chopped peaches (super ripe, skin and all), brown sugar, ground cardamom, and fresh lemon juice.
It’s like a super lemon and peach smoothie.
Strainer to separate the skin and pulp from the juice.
This lemonade is pretty even in its mess.
This concoction is a mixture of lemon tart and sweet peach. The brown sugar adds a happy depth of sweetness and the cardamom lends that spicy finish that feels ohh so slightly like peach pie.
I went easy on the sugar in this recipe, creating a pretty pucker-y lemonade. Add a bit more brown sugar for less pucker.
Happy August to us!
Sweet, summer, and a hint of spice!
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 scant cup brown sugar (not packed into the measuring cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- crushed ice for serving
- In a blender combine chopped peaches (skin and all), brown sugar, cardamom, and lemon juice. Blend to a smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour into a fine mesh strainer placed over a medium bowl and press the mixture through the fine mesh strainer leaving some of the peach skin and pulp behind. Discard what is left in the strainer.
- Pour the strained peach and lemon mixture into a pitcher. Add 4 cups of water and stir. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Pour over crushed or cubed ice and enjoy!