Hello my friends!
I’m a bit early with this week’s link list because change is in the air. This weekend Joy the Baker will be down as I redesign and rewrap my site. I’ll be back Monday will all sorts of new sparkle and shine! I’m really excited to show you some freshness. If you’re planning on making any waffles or doughnuts this weekend, be sure to print out the recipes from this site today and bake the weekend away.
Here are some links to help get us through the slow hours of this Friday. Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you on Monday!
• Let’s chill out this Autumn and stay away from sickness. It turns out that managing stress can keep us whole and healthy. Grab the yoga matt, but do we still need to get a flu-shot?
• Lots of feminism in the news and on my brain this week: Etsy is trying to fix Tech’s Women Problem. Why aren’t you? Conversely, Why Women Leave Tech… it has much more to do with tech culture than capabilities, DUH.
• Jennifer Lawrence is on this month’s cover of vogue. I really appreciate her words about her leaked nude photos. Can we be better people than we are? Geez.
• A beautiful and thoughtful piece about New York, home, self, happiness, art and advertising: FIND YOUR BEACH.
• Vanity Fair on Daily Life in the capital of ISIS because “art evades censorship”.
• Social Networks are pushing us to the limits of friendship. We can only handle 50 to 100 friends? Phew. No wonder I only have one maj.
• Apparently I’m Taylor Swift’s favorite baker. Totally normal aka WHAT?!
• This Honey Almond Quinoa Granola looks incredible!
• I would like a Therapy Cat. #thankyouverymuch
Thanks for your patience as I gussy up Joy the Baker this weekend. I hope you have a lovely and restful weekend.