[H]ello my friends! I hope this finds you feeling fine and fresh!
I celebrated a birthday this week. That means that my dad posted embarrassing pictures of me on Facebook and people I haven’t spoken to since high school gave them the thumbs up. Pretty cool. In more awesome news, someone made me a cake! In even more awesome news, I ate a cake I didn’t make myself and it had candles that spelled out my name and it was the best thing EVER. Here’s to 34!
I hope this Sunday finds you enjoying some warmth and sunshine! Go on and get it!
The Internet, here’s some:
• “A group of Nepali women first defied the odds by summiting Mount Everest, then the tallest mountain on every other continent. Now they are up against their greatest challenge: rebuilding their country after two devastating earthquakes.” After The Seven Summits
• Saying all the things we think in our dark, dirty, not nearly as funny minds: How Comedians Became Public Intellectuals.
• Long before Bruce Jenner there was Richard Raskind. A really interesting interview with The Woman Who Paved The Way For Men To Become Women.
• We don’t want to read every single thing off a screen. We still have the printed page. Technology Of Books Has Changed, But Bookstores Are Hanging In There.
• I’m starting a new blog, it’s called: What To Do If You See A Bear.
• I currently have 1544 unread emails. I’m not even kidding. Inbox Zero vs Inbox 5,000: a unified theory.
• Minnesota: The Land of 10,000 Dessert Salads
• I’m 0% sports fanatic but this book is completely fascinating: The Sports Gene: Inside The Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance
• The ladies of TasteBuds, Krissy and Jessica, came to visit me in New Orleans! They took a mighty fine tour of the city and then we made fancy cocktails in pineapples and coconuts! Taste Buds, brought to you by Ford, is a fun new travel show on YouTube. Loads of fun episodes can be found here! Check it!
• In related news: Vanilla Sugar Daiquiris and Grapefruit Margaritas because, YES!
Have the happiest Sunday! I’ll see you tomorrow!
Tastebuds video partnership sponsored by Ford.
Hi Joy- I’ve been following you for years and remember your posts from celebrating past birthdays that involved Disneyland and hotdogs etc. You’ve inspired me and made me laugh countless times, happy belated birthday!
Happy belated birthday! Love the Taste Buds video. Made me want to come visit New Orleans more than I already did!
happy nola birthday!!! so happy you and tracy are podcasting again!
read a great article you might enjoy:
what to do if you see a bear is actually the funniest thing on the internet. thanks for sharing it!
Thank you for the Cane and Table recommendation! I’m visiting New Orleans for the first time and was so excited to find out about this place. I’m literally writing this from Cane and Table, with an El Presidente and an order of crispy avocado in front of me. :) Thanks again!
Happy Birthday Joy! =)