[H]ello my friends! I hope this finds you feeling fine and fresh!
I celebrated a birthday this week. That means that my dad posted embarrassing pictures of me on Facebook and people I haven’t spoken to since high school gave them the thumbs up. Pretty cool. In more awesome news, someone made me a cake! In even more awesome news, I ate a cake I didn’t make myself and it had candles that spelled out my name and it was the best thing EVER. Here’s to 34!
I hope this Sunday finds you enjoying some warmth and sunshine! Go on and get it!
The Internet, here’s some:
• “A group of Nepali women first defied the odds by summiting Mount Everest, then the tallest mountain on every other continent. Now they are up against their greatest challenge: rebuilding their country after two devastating earthquakes.” After The Seven Summits
• Saying all the things we think in our dark, dirty, not nearly as funny minds: How Comedians Became Public Intellectuals.
• Long before Bruce Jenner there was Richard Raskind. A really interesting interview with The Woman Who Paved The Way For Men To Become Women.
• We don’t want to read every single thing off a screen. We still have the printed page. Technology Of Books Has Changed, But Bookstores Are Hanging In There.
• I’m starting a new blog, it’s called: What To Do If You See A Bear.
• I currently have 1544 unread emails. I’m not even kidding. Inbox Zero vs Inbox 5,000: a unified theory.
• I’m 0% sports fanatic but this book is completely fascinating: The Sports Gene: Inside The Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance
• The ladies of TasteBuds, Krissy and Jessica, came to visit me in New Orleans! They took a mighty fine tour of the city and then we made fancy cocktails in pineapples and coconuts! Taste Buds, brought to you by Ford, is a fun new travel show on YouTube. Loads of fun episodes can be found here! Check it!
• In related news: Vanilla Sugar Daiquiris and Grapefruit Margaritas because, YES!
Have the happiest Sunday! I’ll see you tomorrow!
Tastebuds video partnership sponsored by Ford.