[I]’d easily enjoy a daily diet of milkshakes and french fries. Steady. I’d never flinch. It would be a dream.
In related news, I just spent the last six minutes browsing milk shake machines on Amazon.
Milkshake diet aside, I’m currently content with my fresh peaches, yogurt, and blender. It’s the reasonable alternative to milkshakes day and night.
This lassi is packed with healthful yogurt, fresh summer peaches, tangy buttermilk, and peach pie spice. The fact that it’s flecked with peach skin feels like a bonus. It’s summery, healthy, chilled, and supremely refreshing.
I hope it makes you happy. Also, I’d totally want cheese on my fries.
Ripe peaches! We’re getting’ while the gettin’ is good.
For this lassi we combine fresh peaches, lightly sweetened peach yogurt, sweet peach preserves, and tangy thick buttermilk.
My grandfather used to drink buttermilk by the glass. I always found it perplexing, but considering he lived to be nearly 100, I’d say he was on to something.
I prefer my buttermilk blended with peaches and jam.
As long as we’re blending peaches, we might as well add some spice! A few good pinches of ground cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg make this lassi taste peach pie-ish. We’re full of great ideas.
Blended until smooth and creamy, garnished with fragrant nutmeg and fresh peach slices.
It’s where smoothie meets milkshake. Creamy, spiced, and brimming with summer-y peach flavors. I also think fresh strawberries would make for a happy lassi. Pineapple, too? I mean… go for it!Print
- 2 ripe peaches, unpeeled, pitted, and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup peach yogurt, chilled
- 1 cup buttermilk, chilled
- 3 tablespoons peach jam
- pinch of salt
- big pinch of ground cinnamon
- big pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- In a blender combine most of the peach slices (reserve a few for garnish if you’d like), yogurt, buttermilk, peach jam, salt and spices.
- Blend on high until smooth. Divide between two small glasses and enjoy immediately.