I can toast all of the marshmallows in Orleans Parish and tell you all about it every which way, but really… these Sunday posts have become my favorite to gather and write.
This week I’m looking for creative ways not to melt or fly into a heat-induced rage. The solution, I’ve found, lies somewhere between popsicles for dinner and plane tickets to more temperate states. Like… I’d appreciate a frozen banana on the beach in Santa Cruz exactly right now.
The Internet has some words and ideas for us. I hope you have your coffee and a few minutes to spare.
• I’m fast approaching the ‘I’m Too Old For This‘ age and general mindset.
• Since everyone I know is having a baby, this is an important read: How To Visit New Babies. Apparently you’re not supposed to bring a parade and a bunch of scary clowns.
• Science says that having a kid is one of the crappiest things that can happen to you. Science, simmer down… geez.
• What Houseguests Really Notice When They Come Visit aka Hide Everything in the Closet, Including the Dog.
• Sushi Chef: Miki Isumisawa and her all female sushi restaurant. Passion, dedication, vision, and guts. That’s all it takes. (ps. That’s a lot.)
• Think about it… Facebook Should Pay All Of Us.
• Sometimes, Love is a Mother F*cker. And that’s just the truth.
• Remember that time aaalll the super sexy supermodels fell in love with Adam Sandler? Ugh. Rose McGowan is starting a revolution.
• There’s no graceful transition into this next link. It’s about the menstrual cycle… because period underwear is a thing… and it might just work!
• What will happen if I don’t take out my phone? You may accidentally make eye contact with another human being. BE CAREFUL!
• Bill Smith’s Atlantic Beach Pie! For the saltine crackers as crust, and the sweetened condensed milk in the lemon filling. For the ease and lack of pretension. Because it’s PIE! I would like to shake Bill Smith’s hands. One of those firm-handed, high arm swinging handshakes. With eye contact.
• A good while ago I made these Lemon Ricotta Waffles with poppy seeds. I was smart and they were delicious! Get thee a waffle iron (or fish it out from the back cabinet).
• Sound the alarms. This Caramelized Banana Rice Pudding is all the way out of control.
• Instantly craving these Swedish Meatballs with Cucumber and Radish Pickles. DINNER!
Another day in the world. We better make it a good one!