I had a moment in the airport, one of those all-purpose airport stores with books and expensive water, and headphones (whyyyy do I always forget my headphones!?). I picked up the book Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson, stood in the store, flipped to the middle of the book, read two paragraphs and laughed loudly aloud. Loudly. Aloud. I flipped to the back cover, saw that the hardcover books was a solid $27 and decided that YES I would happily buy this book, but only if I could sit on the plane with Cheetos and Milk Duds and laugh as loudly as I wanted. That’s what I did. It felt great. It felt like very close to furiously happy.
The lesson here is, treat yo’self. Insights and laughs are worth the $27. Cheetos and milk duds are just luxury. Like, really stubborn luxury.
I’d like to say this week was a doozy, but we all know what we’ve gotten ourselves into.
• Why are we trying to trick each other. It’s like we’re trying to be the right kind of perfect and the perfect kind of vulnerable… and we’re all just doing the best we can all the time. Why lie? The #LuckyGirl’s Lie
• The Pope Is Here! And we’re really excited the Pope is here!
• Read this gem from Philly Mag. Humanity and some perspective. What Happened After My Kidnapping.
• I consistently read articles about how we have to turn our phones off. Do you think we can? Motherhood, Screened Off.
• We have to take care of each other… also, I just bit the shit outta my lip eating too many Milk Duds at once. Who am I going to call!? Answer: Cherishing Your Girlfriends.
• Really great, knee-high, compression socks for working hard, standing lots, and those times when we’re (you, not me) are pregnant: Marvy Socks.
• From Pinch of Yum, this looks delicious: Garlic Basil Chicken with Tomato Butter Sauce
• I’m a very big fan of Emily’s Cape Blazer. Plus black and cream, so classic!
• The best iEverything accessories. Aaaand, go!
• 27 TV Deaths That Totally Broke Our Hearts. Denny… oh man. Omar. GEEZ. This slideshow is full of spoiler alerts, but if you don’t already know what happened to Nate Fisher on Six Feet Under… it’s like, ok enough already.
Have a very happy and relaxed Sunday! If you need me I’ll be making pie in Balitmore at 1pm. Come on with it!