Living alone has it’s trade offs. On the one hand, you have no partner in crime to help you get large spiders and occasion cockroaches (it’s New Orleans… it just happens) out of your house. That’s where large books (for throwing at spiders) and vacuum cleaners (for quickly sucking up cockroaches) come in handy. On the other hand, there’s no negotiation about what goes on, and how cluttered the coffee table is. This is my more-is-more approach.
I hope this week has been both fine and good. I’m looking forward to a) election season being ovah, b) lemonade season, and c) a quick trip to Philadelphia this week.
This is the Internet, carrying on:
• It’s not just liberals and conservatives smacking at each other. The Obama Doctrine and the slippery, so hard to navigate slope of foreign politics and intervention. So… obviously a really light read.
• Former ESPN Sportscaster Erin Andrews awarded 55 million in Hotel Recording Suit. Stalked, secretly recorded, exposed, with a sprinkling of shame from Marriot Hotels. Seven years a fight. I’m glad it’s over for you, Erin. Geez.
• To the strangers in Whole Foods who surrounded me after news of my father’s suicide. Good in the hard hard world.
• Guys… let’s really chill with the Instagram bologna. Let’s look around and see people instead.
• How To Hate Yourself. I mean… how great can we really be? It’s like like we invented bacon or baked potatoes… all we do is sit around and watch Forensic Files.
• We’ve all got skinny jeans so fashion is dead…. according to Urban Outfitters. It’s all babies wearing mom-jeans. We’ve lost our way. Correction. We’re actually old enough to wear mom jeans un-ironically should we so choose. These are the best jeans and they’re worth the splurge.
• I think Kim Kardashian thinks her body is so important because society is constantly telling her that her particular body is important. Seems odd to me. Her selfie aside, here’s a look at how our language is changing to now-ironic acronyms: How LOL Became a Punctuation Mark. LOLnothingmatters LOLhelp
• 20 things we hate seeing in recipes. Be clear and tell us exactly how much onion to use, please.
• Dammit Dorie Greenspan, you’re the best. Got me pre-ordering a cookie book that’s not coming out until October.
• I’ve been beating back a cold with Really Raw (unfiltered, too!) Honey and Thrive Market is giving away a free jar. Free for new members or free with a $50 purchase for existing members. Now is the time to stock up on honey, tea, and essential oils. Totally what’s happening over here.
• The Honey & Co Cookbook is divine! I’m making a savory cheesecake with roasted vegetables from this lovely book. Spring almost sprung.
I hope today is a happy one!