I have lofty goals for this Sunday: make the banana bread I’ve been trying to make for the last three days, keep daydreaming the BEST white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (I think there’s cream cheese involved), and polish off another round of Brunch Book edits. Also… put some sun on my legs and find at least an hour to chill supreme in weekend vibes.
I hope your day is colorful and coffee-filled.
• I was going to have a link to a Donald Trump story here, but I realized I couldn’t bear it and deleted it. Outta here with all that.
• The inside story of how Amazon created Echo, the next billion-dollar business no one saw coming.
• Related: We have to remember to shop local. It about heart and soul and our cities. Malls of America.
• Why we love reality TV. I write this as I’m currently and with much tardiness anchored into my obsession with Survivor. The Pleasure of Their Pain
• Jonathan Gold on LA’s food, anonymity, and thousand year eggs. A great podcast on Food52.
• How To Transition From Winter To Spring: a mental style guide. A very lovely and helpful illustrated guide.
• Now we know… two glasses is the ZONE. Portraits after 1, 2, and 3 glasses of wine.
• Did you order your Tesla. Seems that everyone else did. Geez.
• How one man single handedly opened the only grocery store in the 9th ward. This city with all its heart and soul.
• Alexa Pulitzer has the very thorough, very extensive guide to New Orleans.
• Boyfriends tried to do their girlfriends’ makeup. You can guess how this turned out. Things really start to get wonky at the eyeliner stage.
• The most important words in a relationship. Say whatcha mean. I mean… they aren’t the most loving words by any stretch, but this is Defcon 1. (I just realized I don’t really know what Defcon means… here’s a definition.)
• Pretty sure I had a jumpsuit just like this when I was six. Pretty sure I want it again.
• Very excited to cook from this beautiful and heartfelt book: Tasting Rome.
• This is my Spring power scarf. Always with me.
• Stop everything: Pineapple Purse.
Happy day to you!
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING OUT DONALD TRUMP!!!!
I live for your “Let is be Sunday” posts. Even though sometimes Sundays get a little crazy and then Monday happens and now I’m reading it on Tuesday morning. I love the mix of culture, news, New Orleans, and baking. Does anything else matter? Cats, cats matter.