Hello friends! Welcome to Sunday and hallelujah / glory be!
I’ve been venturing out for walks in my new neighborhood which, as silly as it sounds, takes a few dashes of courage and an open heart… and jeepers it’s magic! It doesn’t hurt that the city is sparkling with Spring and sunshine, there’s jazz in the air (literally), and kittens asleep on porches.
I hope this time of year finds you also blooming with courage and finding grace in the transitions that life always throws our way.
This week on the Internet went something like this:
• Isn’t it absolutely incredible that we’ve lived on the same Earth at the same time as unicorns like Prince? Really. Mourning Prince and David Bowie showing there’s no right way to be a man.
• This is some DEEP bright-siding: How The Apocalypse Will Bring Out The Best In People
• When I was in college, which… gosh, it doesn’t even feel like thaaaat long ago… we took our notes with pen and spiral notebook. There was a computer lab on the top floor of the library where people would put their name on a list and wait their turn to sign into their AOL accounts. It turns out that taking notes pen and paper style is actually better for your brain than typing furiously on a laptop. Since we can’t write as fast as we type, our brains have to process what is important information. Aka: Put your laptops away.
• We gotta stop hurting our home or mine is going to be under water in a few tens of years. How Earth Has Upped The Stakes
• Less gossip and more sleep. No alcohol No coffee for 15 months. This is what happened. But really, you had me at ‘I poop like a king’.
• As we’re living through (and somewhat taking for grated) these glorious younger years in life, some of us swiping through dating apps, detailing awkward dates and weird hangups to our friends… what we’re looking for is the kind of love that is so big, deep and strong that it glues two hearts together as we age into and away from ourselves. That’s a thing that Tinder won’t tell you. See this: Late December
• This is very honest and hard and beautiful. I’m thinking about you and your sister, Jessie. With love. WHY?
• Everyone freaked out about Sia at Coachella with good reason. She’s an artist, actual.
• We really want you to look beyond the French Quarter. How to discover the artistic side of New Orleans.
• It’s music festival season and I’m headed to Jazz Fest here in New Orleans this afternoon. Here’s The 7 People You See At Jazz Fest. I’ve seen a lot of festival fashion girls so far this weekend. Apparently no one is wearing bras anymore, just so you know. I am. These things are nearing 35.
• The Best Grocery Store In America Is Rouses In New Orleans. Yea… you heard right Berkeley Bowl. We don’t even have 19 kinda of quinoa.
• Tiny Strawberry and Cream Scones because strawberries are here and we always need an excuse for cream.
• Itty Bitty Kitty Necklace. It’s not like we need it, it’s just that we want it.
It was really hard for me not to talk about Survivor… next week. Sorry / not.
Let’s go chase the sun and the music.