Happy Sunday, my friends!
Did you know that Drake came out with a new album this week? That bodes well for Drake on Cake. Fun facts we learned about Drake this album: he loves the Cheesecake Factory, but hates to get in fights with his boo there. So he’s just like the rest of us. Good news.
I’m wishing you an easy, restful day!
Here’s this week according to the Internet:
• Read the short, devastating speech Sandra Bland’s mother made to Congressional leaders. Sandra Bland was the woman arrested in Texas, found dead in her jail cell hours later. Debates over whether it was suicide or police misconduct still bubble nearly a year later. The story is complex and human.
• The Most Extraordinary Thing About Beyonce’s Lemonade. She gets us. That’s what it is.
• This from Marie Claire is fascinating and strange, and infuriating, and scary and this is the world we live in: The American Women of ISIS
• I have tattoos I wish I no longer had. The road to erasing those lines is tough. I really liked this long-form piece on BBC: Undrawing my tattoos
• Teatox Party: how laxative teas took over Instagram, one $250,000 endorsement at a time.
• Coachella in reality is much different from Coachella on Instagram. We’re such frauds. We’re basically unbearable.
• You guys. Promposals: elaborate display often involving presidential candidates and puppies in order to garnish the attention of a teenage girl in order to ask her to a traditional high school dance known as prom. I had to ask a dude to be my date to prom. Admittedly, I had a really bad hair cut and a face full of painful acne, so I understand why no one was bending over backwards and throwing puppies in my direction… but I swear to God…. if I have to also ask a man to marry me, I’m all the way out.
• This is the time I visited Whitney at the studio and she made me drink cider and I loved it. Alco-Hual with Whitney A: cider edition.
• Amanda Peet: Never Crossing the Botox Rubicon. I feel like Botox always looks like Botox, not necessarily youth. Not gonna do it. Are you?
• The Betch’s Guide To Trendy Fermented Drinks. But will it reduce our fine lines and neck wrinkles? If so… I’m in.
• Mapping the Louisiana Locations in Beyonce’s Lemonade. Represent.
• I love this halter shift dress because it looks like one piece of effortless style.
Enjoy your Sunday! I’m rooting for you.