Cut the grass out back. Fill the pot hole out front. Clean the bathroom inside. Fold the laundry. Eat tacos as reward. Call your sister, say hey. That’s my Sunday. What’s yours?
Reading. As we do:
• Let’s all read this because it is poetic and important. The Middle of Things: advice for young writers
• You Throw, Girl: An Olympic Shot Putter’s Feminist Mission. Go on at get it! (And wear lipstick, too.)
• David Simon, creator of “Homicide: Life on the Streets” and “The Wire” on Baltimore’s Anguish. We still talk about those shows because they are still some of the best television around, and David Simon is a thoughtful mind in our world.
• Weekend trip! Let’s go, right? Where to Hang in Nashville for 24-48 Hours.
• The words ‘local’, ‘sustainable’, and ‘organic’… they’re buzzy and we can think of them without really thinking about them. For New Orleans bread baker, Graison Gill they are the foundation of his bread bakery in this city and that is noooo small task. He also makes, hands-down, the best loaves in the city thanks to passion, care, and his fresh stone-milled flour. Against The Grain: how New Orleans baker is making waves in Louisiana wheat
• Women are crushing it at the Rio Olympics. Enough about them… where would they be without their husbands?
• This feels true, every word of it: What The Women From My Beginner’s Dance Class Definitely Said About Me After I Left
• Let’s not forget that former talk show host Jenny Jones has a food blog and is killing the game, ok?
• 10 Things I Buy from Trader Joes For No-Cook Dinners from The Kitchn. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, God bless you… go live your life. How is New Orleans still without!?
• Here’s a New Orleans End Of Summer Bucket List…. because you know I love a bucket list of any variety. Let’s add to the list New Orleans Daiquiri Season, a month-long celebration this September featuring special events and daiquiri tastings around the city. It’s sure to be a blast AND the Ace Hotel is offering a special rate when you use the code DAIQUIRI. See what I’m doing? Trying to get you to come visit and drink rum with me.
• This week in Things You Should Cook: Red Grape and White Peach Tabbouleh Salad.
Ok! Have a wonderful day! What a blessing that we get to be in it!