Hello my friends! I hope you’re having the most lovely weekend! We’ve gotten the extra day we all need deep down in our hearts and I hope you’re celebrating today with a good sleep-in and a lazy day ahead.
I’ve had some plane travel in my recent past and lots more in my near future. This view is common to me. It carries a plethora of emotions with it: excitement, sadness, loneliness, togetherness, oh-crap-we’re-actually-flying-ness, where am I going again? Do I have my car keys / Did I lose my car keys? / Did I drive to the airport?. I love the travel. I relish the excitement and can carry the loneliness. Half the time I’m in an airplane seat, sunglasses on, crying about something or other because I almost ALWAYS cry on a plane. There’s a reason, aparently my parasympathetic nervous system is just veeery sympathetic. See: Why We Cry On Planes.
Those are just some truthy truths of mine. I feel like you get it.
Let’s enjoy this beautiful day of ours! Here’s some Internet reading for your lazy day pleasure:
• 6 Tips for Making It Small In Hollywood. Tips include failing and quitting so… let’s get to it!
• A weekend long read: Framed. Any story that starts “I have an enemy” is sure to be full of bizarre intrigue.
• What’s your life? Oh, people smuggling? Tell me more. The Legend of Elden Kidd.
• Fish In Crazy Water This reminds me of the Arrested Development episode where Lindsay is cooking Hot Ham Water. “So watery, and yet there’s a smack of ham to it”.
• Ok you guys, pack up the wingsuits. We’re not doing this anymore. We’re just not.
• How To Plan A Drake-themed Birthday Party… you know, AS ONE DOES.
• Started listening to this new podcast by Malcolm Gladwell: Revisionist History. I quite like it!
• I have some travels coming up which means a lot of time on planes and trains. I’m thinking sweet embroidery will be my new handcraft. I’m studying stitches. Embroidery goes with crying, right? Such a good look.
• I had a dream last night that there were five stray dogs in my backyard and I loved them all. I was super stoked. They’re smart little buggers: Dogs Understand Tone and Meaning of Words.
• My future-self will be Roasting Whole Onions again very soon.
• Color me interested: Me Myself and Us the science of personality and the art of well-being.
• Pomegranate Kitchen is offering 25% off their lovely kitchen textiles with code JOYTHEBAKER!
• When willing cooler temperatures and buying woolen sweaters and such… it’s also important to get some soap: Wool and Cashmere Soap. When did I get so practical? I do not know.
Happy day to you.
She has embroidery for all the states. A fun way to practice a lot of different stitches! I’ve slowly been plugging away at WI: