Honestly, I haven’t wanted to write this post.
But here we are. And we’re fine, and the coffee is hot, and sugared and creamed… the toast has extra avocado and spice and alright… here are some thoughts:
• This is real and true and has changed my stressy-anxieties for the past few years… if I can just remember to do it when I need it most. Breathe. Exhale. Repeat. The Benefits of Controlled Breathing.
• “We can practice kindness, we can pay it forward, we can volunteer, and we can serve. We can respect one another. We can always get each other’s backs. That is what Veterans Day asks all of us to think about.” President Obama urges a disgruntled and divided country to practice kindness.
• Denounce the hate, Mr Trump (and all of us).
• Where you put your energy and where you put your money makes a difference in the world. That stays true. If you feel motivated to put your money in pro-women, pro-immigrant, pro-earth: Put your money here.
• I think it’s important to continue looking at both sides of things: The Case Against Cats. “What makes an animal a pet—a creature to which our emotions attach, sometimes in logic-warping ways—is surprisingly difficult to pin down. Cats are a particularly puzzling case.”
• Meet Tito Superdude Jackson.
• 86 burglars on how they broke into homes. Alarm on. Music on. Ferocious Tron on watch.
• I made this Lentil and Ginger Soup a very long time ago and it remains a very fine and good soup / life decision.
• Something from Food52 I want to make this week: Pasta e Fagiole. Back to basics.
• I made Deb’s Pumpkin Bread this week, added an embarrassing amount of chocolate, and I’m much better for it.
• This three-tiered oven rack is a Thanksgiving hack I can get behind.
• I’m not ready for Christmas music but I am ready for a Christmas Candle, I mean… right??
I love you, ok?