Hello my friends,
Welcome to another fine Sunday. I hope this finds you resting, taking some time, and easing into this day.
There’s a meme going around Instagram about laundry. Wash: 30 minutes. Dry: 60 minutes. Folding and putting away: 7 t0 10 business days.
Accurate. And since that felt like a personal attack (probably to all of us), I have some things to address in my closet today. Well, after I spend some quality time trying to run my body through the park since (on a whim) I signed up for a 10k. Listen… what WON’T I do to avoid laundry? There’s not much.
I feel like this week has asked us to find our balance. The past few weeks have felt a little topsy turvy for me and the people around me, but I’ve had a very tangible sense of steadying back to balance this week. I hope you’re feeling the same.
The cinnamon rolls above, if you’re drooling – they’re in my brunch book Over Easy. They do not disappoint.
The offering this week is below. As always take what you need (and consider putting your laundry away but like, don’t if you don’t feel like it):
• I have a picture of me in this California poppy super bloom when I was 5 or so… before everything lived and died on Instagram. Under the Influence of a ‘Super Bloom’. (New York Times)
• Is life without plastic possible? It’s daunting but gosh we have to try (I’ll start testing recipes for homemade toothpaste now I suppose?). (The New York Times)
• I’ve been asking myself these two questions a lot this week: Are you willing to ask for what you want? Are you willing to ask what else is possible? The answer is um HELL YES. These are tools: The Art of Asking.
• Adding this to my growing list of craft hobbies: visible mending. (Vox)
• For your consideration: seed cycling. I’m a month in and feeling strong. (MindBodyGreen)
• As a salt fanatic, this is important to me: 9 Chefs on Their Favorite Sea Salts. I really love this Unrefined Organic Kosher Sea Salt. I use it for everything from pasta water to baking. (Grub Street and Amazon)
• The future of food? The 7-Eleven of the Future is An Organic Hellscape of Turmeric Slurpees (Eater)
• The Problem With Telling Women To Email Like Men. Honestly, the problem with telling women to aaaanything like men… (Broadly)
• I find this to be deeply relatable content: Why I Stopped Dating Men and Started Following This Herd of Majestic Bison. (Reductress)
• Here’s what we’re listening to: When we fall asleep, where do we go? (Spotify)
• There is so much story in these lists, I just love it: Second life for set lists (Billboard)
• This week I get to interview my actual hero Dorie Greenspan, author of them gem of a book (and so many others): Baking with Julia. (Amazon)
• The Four Best Chicken Dinner Party Recipes from The Kitchn. I’m very much interested in Julia’s Coq au Vin.
Enjoy this fine day!
My love to you!