I’m back. We’re back. We’re in it! Summer snuck right up at me the last few weeks. I spent a few good days in Toronto recently and wow TORONTO – you’re wonderful. Such nice people. Such good food. Such chic restaurants. I’m smitten.
I’ve got a boatload of Joy the Baker plans coming up the next few months which means more travel – I’m packing up to come see you and bake together. It’s a hair-brained Bakehouse idea that’s really come to life, see the eighth link below.
This week I’m testing a dozen or so summer recipes, light and fresh, that will make their way to this space over the next few weeks. All things I want to enjoy by a pool. Incidentally I called a meeting with my contractor next week where he’ll likely tell me that I’m stone-cold crazy for wanting to put a pool in my modest backyard. Im content with the pool vibe snacks. That’s much more reasonable. A girl can dream.
How are your summer plans taking shape? Do you have your summer bucket list yet? Are you hydrating with a passion? Are you wearing a wide brimmed hat?
The offering this week is below. Take only what you need and enjoy this fine day:
• I literally can not stop thinking about this since I read it on an already sleepless night a few days back. Friends. This is WILD. What Really Happened To Malaysia’s Missing Airplane? (The Atlantic)
• Social infertility and the broader factors that shape our lives: The Case For Redefining Infertility (The New York Times)
• Our modern world: The Death of the Family Secret (HuffPost)
• You well know I love a mountain climbing story and this one is amazing: A 10 Year Old Just Climbed the Nose. I had mastered the art of riding our red wagon down our hill when I was 10 so… same same. (Outside)
• Expectations in friendships + a lot of wisdom from Polly: My Friendships Make Me Sad. (The Cut)
• American Routes is one of my favorite radio shows. We lost Dr John last week and these two hours of music and interviews are really something. (American Routes)
• The newest issue of Cherry Bombe is out and it’s right up our alley: The Baker’s Dozen.
• If you follow The Bakehouse on Instagram you know I’m taking my New Orleans baking workshops on the road this summer! Classes will be along the west coast, in Texas, and Oklahoma. Lots have sold out but we’ll be adding a few more dates as June continues! Thank you to all of you who have bought tickets! I can’t wait to see you this summer! The Bakehouse Summer Tour. (The Bakehouse Nola)
• It is not an accident I bought eggplant at the farmer’s market: I Can’t Stop Making Ina Garten’s Rule-Breaking Eggplant Parm. (The Kitchn)
• It’s so simple. It’s everyday cake: Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Poppy Seed Buttercream. (Joy the Baker)
• I wear two eye rings everyday and many of you ask about them on Instagram. They’re Marta Pia rings and I like them quite a lot! (Marta Pia)
• This summer I’m thinking NEON as neutral. (Asos)
• Tweet of the week. (Twitter)
My love to you!
Enjoy this Sunday!