How are you today? It’s ok if you don’t know the answer yet.
I’m in San Francisco for a petit weekend hosting a Bakehouse-style workshop with my friends at Farmgirl Flowers. There’s been more cake than any other weekend in recent history (which really is saying a lot). I’m trying to sneak in as much sushi and as many tacos as I can, bless up. Being back out west is a sweet reminder of both mountains and cool breezes so thanks, California for having me back for a bit.
This week has been heavy with reminders of who we are as a country right now. It feels like we’re in a spiral of violence and inhumanity that’s becoming normalized and it’s scary and unacceptable, really.
The links this week are offered below. Thank you for stopping here as part of your Sunday. I appreciate you and I sincerely wish you well today.
• “The carnage of yesterday is today—and it seems never ending.” A Lynch Mob of One (The Atlantic)
• “You’ve never heard of her, but somewhere in America, a top-secret investigator known as the Savant is infiltrating online hate groups to take down the most violent men in the country.” Is It Possible to Stop a Mass Shooting Before It Happens? (Cosmopolitan)
• I hope for a lot of things. One of them is that there are pictures of be dancing to remember me with when I’m dead and gone. There have been many well-earned important words written about Toni Morrison this week and these pictures and images are some of the most joyful: Toni Morrison Dancing. (The New York Times)
• Always catching flights, no feelings. JK, I’m catching feelings too. But I’m also tryna hustle and get this work done, ya know? How To Actually Get Work Done On A Plane (The Points Guy)
• It is absolutely not too late for a summer road trip to find the best sandwich in your state: America’s Best Sandwiches. (Tasting Table)
• This I’ve been working pie recipes for the fall (which honestly is pretty difficult to do in New Orleans in August) and this Cranberry Chiffon Pie has caught my eye. Look for some old school pies coming your way when the temperatures drop. (Saveur)
• This weekend in San Francisco has been ideal. Nothin can beat this California breeze and this hardworking California-to-you flower company: Farmgirl Flowers.
• Summer always feels infinite until August sneaks up the heaviest heat that threatens to send us melted into autumn. But summer is not over yet! Let’s enjoy these dog days! How are you doing with your Summer Bucket List?
• What I’m listening to: Tank and the Bangas. (Spotify)
• I love this in-shower hair cream for nights I go to bed with wet hair: Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler. (Livingproof)
• The BakeAway is coming up Labor Day weekend!
• I’m working on my fall reading list. What are you loving or looking forward to?
I hope you enjoy this Sunday.
My love to you.