Hello friends! It’s that time of year again! Time to make our Summer Bucket List!
BUCKET LIST buck•et list (noun): a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have accomplished during their lifetime. Also, a 2007 comedic film featuring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST sum•mer buck•et list (noun): a list of things that a person would like to accomplish and experience during the summer months. If done correctly, should involve lazy days, new hobbies, and lots of beach reads.
Here’s my Summer Bucket List. It’s mellow this year. I hope it inspire fun, rest, care and a few playful intentions for your warm months.
We’re off into another fine summer!
• I mentioned last Sunday that I’m taking my Bakehouse workshops on the road this summer – Mixing work and play and asking you to come back with me! Summer Bucket list number 1: take the Bakehouse show on the road! We’ve almost sold out the entire tour but we’re planning a big weekend of workshops in New Orleans this coming Labor Day weekend so – stay tuned!
• Sew a dress. It’s daunting to me but also incredibly exciting to make time for a new skill. I have two sewing lady inspirations on Instagram: @lizprueitt_tartine (Liz of the incredible Tartine bakery) and @burieddiamond (Martha the cute and clever charm maker). Mom – thanks for showing me the basics. I’m out here trying!
• Work on a big fall writing project! I landed a very exciting writing job that will launch this September! All I have to do is, you know… write words. Several of them in a row many times over.
• Brunch and champagne – on a weekday, please. I have a bad habit of working my way through the weekend so this summer I’m going to sneak weekend moments into an occasional weekday with eggs and champagne, amen.
• It feels so good to be kind. Kindness, unrelenting – in random acts. Because I work from The Bakehouse many days, I keep cold drinks in the fridge for the mailman and FedEx lady – it’s a nice offering on these hot hot New Orleans days. But, there’s so much more kindness to pour out. Find some ideas here if you’re with me!
• Start a polaroid photo book. A few summers ago I bought this little Instax camera and I’ve been taking little picture of my friends and travels ever since. It’s well past time to start a little photo book of all my snaps. I’m not sure what this will look like yet, but I’m imagining a collection of photos and with short notes so I can remember each memory.
• Try a new workout. It feels like it’s time to expand my yoga brain to other ways to move this old body. I’m thinking it’s time to take a dance class where most of my workout will be from laughing at myself.
• Say yes – HAVE FUN! That’s the vibe this summer. Keep it light and restful and embrace the fun! Life is too short to act otherwise.
Let’s make this summer something – starting now!
Want to see Summer Bucket Lists from the past?
My love to you!