Every Saturday… well, most Saturday nights, I settle in to write the Let It Be Sunday post for you. It’s my favorite time of the week when I let a quiet settle over my mind and catch up on the million and three tabs I have open in my browser. A few hours usually take me late into the night and I click publish on a list of reads that hopefully feels important, frivolous, beautiful, and useful.
In my mind, you pry open your laptop at the tiny round table in your sunny kitchen having just set down a steaming cup of coffee you’ve made. In my mind you have the time and space to take in what you need before… I dunno… going off to make banana bread. I know life isn’t always that fresh and easy but I hope occasionally it is.
However you come to it, I’m so thankful you do. You come and stay for a while and leave truly the most thoughtful and encouraging comments for me and one another.
Last week Katelyn left this encouragement, “Ask for help. Give it freely. Kindness grows exponentially. Life, even when it’s hard, is so good. Thank you, Joy, for your thoughtful authenticity.”
I thought to myself HERE’S WHAT WE KNOW:
• Kindness does grow exponentially.
• Live is hard and is so so good.
And WHAT ELSE DO WE KNOW?
• Laughing until we cry is one of the best feelings in the world.
• Being curious about one another helps us live better together.
• Three deep breaths is a simple way to remember we’re alive.
• Loving big is so scary and such a risk and really the only way to love.
• We can choose to carry love into everything.
This is an endless list. Will you help?
What do you know? Will you leave it in the comments below? I think the roundup will encourage us all.
My LOVE to you!
* The above picture is from a Drake on Cake workshop in California a few weeks ago. I support the sentiment on this cake but not Drake’s lyrics directly after those pictured. lol.