Hello dear friends! Happy Sunday! Happy Mardi Gras!
We’re in full celebration this weekend. My house is full of friends and cakes. There are beads everywhere. It’s hard to imagine a few years back when I didn’t celebrate like this every February. This year’s Mardi Gras looks are mostly variations of lace gloves and cowboy boots – a mood.
I wish you well this fine day. I hope there’s an extra bit of sparkle and celebration in your day. Find it!
The offering this week is below. As always, take only what you need.
• I’ll be walking in the St Anne Parade for the fourth year and it’s the most incredible spectacle! My friend Jessica wrote about it (above) and really distilled the spirit of this incredible time!
• You never really know when you’ll need this: The 25 Best Places to Cry in New York City (Vogue)
• Is this who we are? My Journey Through Tijuana for the Best Surgery $2000 Can Buy. (Medium)
• Why Teenagers Reject Parents’ Solutions to Their Problems. OK but wait… is it at all possible that our parents just now have good solutions to our problems? Jk jk I can take personal responsibility for my teenage years. (New York Times)
• I found this surprising compelling and really well articulated: Why The Restoration Hardware Catalog Won’t Die. (The Atlantic)
• . Let me just talk New Orleans food at you for a moment because I want you in the spirit with me! Maybe you’d like to rustle up a pot of Red Beans and Rice and then turn your leftovers into Red Beans and Rice Nachos. Maybe instead you’d like to have a biscuit cake for brunch: Biscuit Pull-Apart King Cake (Joy the Baker)
• I love what I’m listening to: The Piano Album by PJ Morton. (Spotify)
• I think American Routes is one of the finest radio programs on the air. Listen to their latest episode of New Orleans carnival music. (American Routes WWNO)
• A friend recommended this podcast to me: As A Woman. Maybe you might find it interesting. (Natalie Crawford MD)
That’s where we’re at today!
My love to you.