Hello my dearhearts.
How are you holding up? I just took a big deep exhale just posing that question. I’m ok. You’re ok. All of us are doing our best for ourselves and for the people around (but far away) from us. Those are truths we can carry with us today.
How are you staying connected? I’ve had a few FaceTime happy hours with friends. I’ve had faraway porch hangs with a few friends. I’ve waved at everyone I pass walking down the street. I mean wow… y’all we’re friendlier than ever. Is this us truly realizing how much we need one anther? Ok ok message received.
The offering this week is below. Take only what feels good to you. Spoiler, there is a chocolate cake recipe down there that’s definitely feel-good and I really need you to make it at least once. Ok. Here we go:
• We really don’t love this: New Orleans emerges as next corona virus epicenter. It’s scary stuff (understatement). (MSN)
• I found this to be both reasonable and helpful: Food Safety and Coronavirus a comprehensive guide. (Serious Eats)
• What follows here and below are two fantastic reads from The Cut. It’s Complicated: Eating For Two. (The Cut)
• This week on the old Instagram I made one single molten chocolate cake and here’s the recipe for you. It’s in my first cookbook and I’ll tell ya, stands the test of time (especially in this time of maybe solo isolation and limited ingredients). (Joy the Baker)
• Here’s 20 ways to turn a baked potato into dinner thankyouverymuch. (The Kitchn)
• What I’m listening to: a lot of PJ Morton. (Spotify)
• What I’m watching: everyone is watching Tiger King and I’ll catch up… but I finally watched Bird Box and it was a solid scare. (YouTube)
• We have 20 spots left in the upcoming Bakehouse Live class on Cinnamon Rolls. We had so much fun making biscuits this weekend. You can sign up and bake live with me or watch it on your own time as a recording. And don’t worry – more classes will be offered soon! (Eventbrite)
• My favorite New Orleans jewelers are having a sitewide 25% off sale! See: Porter Lyons. (Porter Lyons)
• There are some good reads in our post from one year ago this week: Let It Be Sunday, 215! (Joy the Baker)
• What cozy things are you in the kitchen making? May I add this Chicken and Pumpkin Dumplings to your list? I suspect, if you look hard enough, there’s a tin of canned pumpkin towards the back of your pantry. (Joy the Baker)
• Heads up – we’re absolutely doing this: 5 Vegetables You Can Regrow Indoors With Just Water and Sunlight. (Food52)
That’s all for today.
Be well. My love to you.