Hello friends welcome to a Sunday!
It feels like it’s been a week ruled by the ever-growing, never satisfied to-do list, but there’s something about stepping outside to water the plants or wash the car that slows everything down – mostly because the humidity is exhausting. It’s well designed down here in that way – summers are meant to be slow and the air itself will slow you right down if you haven’t made that choice for yourself.
I hope you’re finding slow moments this weekend. Maybe there’s lemonade and a few moments to look for butterflies floating through the air.
Here is the offering this week. I’ll leave it with you while I go for a quick camp this weekend. As always, take only what you need and be well.
• If there’s only one thing you read today, please let it be this: Together, You Can Redeem the Soul of Our Nation. (New York Times)
• This is compelling: How the world made so much progress on a COVID-19 vaccine so fast. (Stat)
• In related news, I listened to this Daily podcast episode about hesitations about the vaccine: The Vaccine Trust Problem (New York Times)
• We’ve taken on so much this year that this sort of feels like one of the last straws, lol. Americans warned not to plant mysterious seeds appearing in the mail. (The Guardian)
• Alright Oprah, TELL EM! Breonna Taylor featured on Oprah Magazine’s September cover. (CNN)
• If you haven’t already watched Taste the Nation, I can’t recommend it enough: Padma Lakshmi’s New Food Show Is a Trojan Horse. (The Atlantic)
• My friend Nicole brought this cake to my attention and now it’s all I can think about: Sweet Corn Bundt Cake with Salty Brown Butter Glaze. (600 acres)
• A case for spinach and cilantro because health is wealth. (Food 52)
• I don’t know but I’ve been watching Grey’s Anatomy reruns in the background of my evenings which means I’m really taking on all of 2006’s most heart-ravaging hits like this: Life Is Beautiful. (Spotify)
• Is this the fall vibe? DIY Patchwork Denim (HonestlyWTF)
Have a beautiful day!
My love to you!