Hello friends! Happy Sunday!
My parents, my lovely parents were visiting me in New Orleans all week and it was just the best! Well, it was actually the rainiest week possible in the city but we didn’t mind the few times we got soaked. Dad made a batch of cookies a day, Mom and I crafted, we binged watched The Jinx as a family, and we visited with friends – the highlight being a trip to Antigua Floral to see Trevor and Sara. I’m just so thankful for the tiiiiiiime, and look at how happy they are!
How have you been this week? What brought you the most joy?
The offering this week is below. I hope you find some that serves you. I’m so thankful you’re here. As always, take only what you need.
• What is Hospitality? The Current Answer Doesn’t Work The emotional intelligence required for solid and seamless hospitality is something I just appreciate so much. That’s the tiniest part of this interesting read. (The New York Times)
• I relate to these words very much. I’ve had “sudden onset farting around” for year and it’s only worsened during the panini. Anticipatory euphoria? You mean the daydreams I have about going to Greece this fall? Going strong. America Has Pandemic Senioritis (The Atlantic)
• This week’s long read is from The Guardian. Out of thin air: the mystery of the man who fell from the sky.
• The Redemption of Justin Bieber. Extreme fame is decidedly too much and far more isolating that any any young human should endure. It’s a weird paradox of money, success, and what… despair? This piece is surprising. (GQ)
• As I near my 40th birthday (yay, honestly), I’ve been thinking a lot about what to do with my face. I’ve finally come to a place where I don’t mind the acne scars and visible pores but do I have to like… manage (?) the emerging lines and wrinkles? I’ll just keep using my retinol and push the needles down the road a bit. Here’s one perspective. Justine Bateman Is Aging. She No Longer Cares What You Think About That. (Glamour)
• In great news, we’ve reached A New ‘Denim-Cycle’? After a Decade Jeans Move From Skinny to Loose. I think I’m done swaying with jean trends. I have two styles that I know work for me and that’s what I’m wearing from here on out. At some point it becomes less about following the trend and more about wearing what suits you. For me it’s these straight no-stretch 90’s jean from Everlane and any Lucky Brand Jean with 4-Way Stretch Technology (they usually have a unripped, medium-rise bootcut jean that is amazing but it must be out of stock rn). (New York Times, Everlane, Lucky)
• I’ve given up on jean shorts but Kendi put in the work of trying a bunch on for us. I am not emotionally available for such work but I’m glad someone is. The Best Denim Shorts for Spring. (Kendi Everyday)
• This pantry soup peaks my interest because it includes a box of mac and cheese – in soup. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’d totally add the powder cheese pack to the soup. Busy Phillips’ 15-Minute Miracle Minestrone Soup (The Kitchn)
• I’m getting ready to ice dye. White jeans and powders have been ordered thaaaaank you. (Honestly WTF)
• Julia Jubilee is coming up! I’m super excited for these conversations and most of them are free with an RSVP! (Cherry Bombe)
• Betting I could eat an entire pan of the Sheet Pan Chow Mein on my own. (Smitten Kitchen)
• I think it’s time to add a Charlotte cake pan to my collection. I love the recipe bundles from our friends at King Arthur Flour. A splurge but their products are fantastic! Strawberry Mousse Cake Recipe Bundle. (King Arthur Flour)
• It’s just about Jazz Fest season in New Orleans and because we won’t bee festing together until fall, I’ve had this perfect playlist from Ben Jaffe of Preservation Hall on all week. (Spotify)
Have a wonderful Sunday!
My love to you.