Happy Sunday, friends!
Another week gone by – how did you spend it?
I told you that I would ice dye and I’m a woman of my word. I made this wild pair of pants last weekend and I’ll say, if you’re at all curious, it’s such a fun process! We’re going to host a virtual Bakehouse workshop about it in June so keep your eyes peeled.
I’m in Texas this weekend for a bit of time away with Will. It feels like just now my work year is starting to pick up. I know it’s May but it feels like the freeze we’ve been in is just starting to thaw. I welcome the work, of course… but first a little barbecue and motorcycle riding with Will.
I hope this finds you well with a day full of possibilities ahead of you. The offering the week is below. As always, take only what you need.
• This is a few years old but I still think about it often: Crying In H Mart. (The New Yorker)
• This week’s long read is inspired by my fascination of bank robberies and jail breaks. I’m not a rule breaker but I’m fascinated by stories of them: The Secret of the World’s Greatest Jail Break Artist. (GQ)
• I love what Kim Rhodes writes for Cup of Jo: Making Peace With My Quarantine Body (Cup of Jo)
• There is some really powerful advise here. I’m keeping this tab open in my computer forever, hahahha. I’m not even kidding. 5 Lessons I’ve Learned About Confidence As A Career Coach (Cupcakes and Cashmere)
• I run with Coach Bennet and the Nike Run Club app in my ears a few times a week and it’s so positive and encouraging that it’s really turned me into a person who enjoys running. I saved these thoughts when I saw them on Instagram: Coach Chris Bennett on staying positive.(Instagram)
• Our friend Ellen Bennet’s new book is out and I’m about to dive in. She shares the nitty gritty of starting her apron company and while the title stresses me out bit (details, tho!!), I’m here for the truth of it all: Dream First, Details Later by Ellen Marie Bennett (Hedley & Bennett)
• Please listen to the latest season of Kim Baldwin’s Ladyland Podcast. There are two really thoughtful conversations up right now. I especially enjoyed listening to Destiny Birdsong talk about life and writing. I think you’ll enjoy these episodes as much as I did. (Ladyland.show)
• I was recently internet mesmerized by Mississippi Vegan’s Skillet Okra on YouTube.
• If I could implore you to make any recipe this weekend, it would be this Baklava Granola. (Joy the Baker)
• Current daydream: Peach Ice Cream. (Texas Monthly)
• The most beautiful food flower and words from Jessica B Harris. (Instagram)
Have the most lovely Sunday, friends!
My love to you.