Hello dear friends!
Welcome to (somehow) a Sunday in the middle of June. I swear the last time I blinked it was February and yet… here we are.
We have officially passed the point of no return in New Orleans. It’s swampass summer and that’s that on that. There’s no beating around that bush.
Over here in Holiday Magazine Land I don’t seem to have enough hours in the day or enough butter in the fridge but Tron has taken to lounging under the decorated Christmas tree so at least one of us has it sorted correctly.
I truly CANNOT wait for you to see the next magazine. I promise I’ll stop talking about it in a few weeks when I meet my deadline but right now it’s all I can think about. We’re working so had to make it great and I have a fridge full of monkey bread and pumpkin pie to prove it.
I hope this finds you with a few moments to yourself this morning. A little time to recharge and find some inspiration for your day. The offering this week is below. Take what feels good!
• I love Dave Eggers. Did we all read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius when we were 20? You Won’t Find The Hardcover of Dave Eggers’ Next Book on Amazon. (The New York Times)
• I like this practice very much: I couldn’t travel, so I cooked the foods from my favorite trips. It got me through. (The Washington Possts)
• At what point are we going to acknowledge that Gen Z has gone too far? Crocs with Stiletto Heels (NPR and if NPR is talking about it you know it’s a crisis)
• Making someone you love a sandwich is a love language onto itself: 12 Summer Sandwich Ideas. (The Kitchn)
• Currently watching: Dirty John The Betty Broderick Story. It’s a true crime soap opera of course I’m highly interested. (Netflix)
• Currently reading: The Wreckage of My Presence by Casey Wilson. It’s hilarious and honest and unexpectedly emotional. (Bookshop)
• This was us this time last year: Let It Be Sunday, 275. These posts are little time capsules. (Joy the Baker)
My love to you this Sunday!