Things I’m thankful for this week include:
- These moody New Orleans summer days with their fluffy humid clouds, pink sunsets, and still steamy summer evening river walks.
- Well earned yoga savasana on my own hardwood floors.
- The Christmas tree I’ve had lit every night for the past two weeks and the homemade egg nog I enjoyed next to it last night.
- The small crew of creative people who have come into my house the past two weeks to bring the next magazine and our Bakehouse workshops to life. I swing The Bakehouse doors open and it means so much to me that people bring their smiles and positive energy to our work together. We shot the cover of the holiday magazine this week. The image above is Jess the stylist and Phillip the photographer sweating it out with me.
- The monarch butterfly that rested on my finger for five minutes in the garden.
- A call with my mama.
- Fifteen minute runs. Short and sweet.
It’s also Father’s Day and I’d be remiss if I didn’t express my forever thankfulness to Clifford Lesly for setting my standards for men almost impossibly high. He makes the best enchiladas, the best cookies, the best biscuits, and he still makes fun of me for sometimes having a big gummy smile and it’s a great reminder to stay humble and laugh at yourself.
What’s on your short list of things you’re thankful for this week?
The offering this weekend is below. Take only what you need, it’s Sunday.
• I found this week’s long read after listening to this episode of the Dateline podcast. It’s a wild story of humanity, a sprinkle of mid life crisis and a whole lot of questionable decisions: The True Story Of A Married Woman Who Smuggled Her Boyfriend Out Of Prison In a Dog Crate. (Apple Podcast and The Atlantic)
• Re: The rich and famous on social media: Just Be Rich (Esquire)
• We’ve been reading articles like this for years, right? The perfect number of hours to work everyday? Five. How many hours a day do you work? Working for myself, I’d say I work a good 8 to 10 hours a day. How productive that time is is another story. (Wired)
• In trying to figure out to feed myself this week I found 6 Of My Favorite Summer Salads. (Joy the Baker)
• Our friends at The Kitchn explored 6 different methods for cooking pancakes and of course there’s a favorite. My vote is for the electric griddle. (The Kitchn)
• I love notes from my parents for their handwriting. Both are so distinct and so familiar. Here’s Dad’s handwriting from when he came to visit and left his chocolate chip cookie recipe for me. They also happen to be the best cookies in the world and that’s just fact. (Instagram and Joy the Baker)
• Will and I are (fingers crossed, lol at plans) going on a motorcycle road trip later this summer and I think this Everlane overnight bag will keep the very few clothes I pack right and tight. (Everlane)
• This episode of Kitchen Unnecessary is just stunning. Let it serve as our inspiration to run with arms wide open into the outdoors: Fishing in Montana. (Kitchen Unnecessary)
Enjoy this beautiful Sunday!
My love to you. Take good care.