It’s Sunday, how ya feelin’? Actually don’t answer that until you’re up and you have a cup of coffee and your slippers on. It’s slipper season.
This week I’ve gathered myself to stand up and tall and work my whole butt off for the rest of the year. Not only is it slipper season but it’s also food season and… well, you know by now that food is what we do around here. I can feel the work pull starting to stretch me thin but I’ve trained myself to stay bendy. Hopefully. Stay loose, and kind and prepared for anything, including but not limited to another hurricane (there isn’t one I’m just crazy).
This weekend I’m going to try to run 8 miles which will be the longest distance my legs and lungs have carried me. I’m working on talking myself into it rather than out of it. I’m shocked by how much the sport of running is about headspace.
The offering this week is below. The photo above is an autographed picture of George Strait that Will bought me. I hope you find a few things you need and then have an easy Sunday about it. I’m so glad you’re here. xo
• I got lost in this article this week: My Time With Kurt Cobain. I remember first listening to Nevermind while my parents finished up the shopping at Fedco (a very specific Los Angeles reference, sorry). (Spotify, The New Yorker, Furrywa.wordpress)
• After reading this article I took a long run to Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. How refined is that? A very different journey than my 90’s country playlist and I loved it. How a team of musicologists and computer scientists completed Beethoven’s unfinished 10th Symphony (The Conversation)
• This week my dad send me this article about Paul R William’s Family Residence in Los Angeles. My dad grew up just down the street and went to high school with Mr. William’s granddaughter. My dad walked my this very house earlier this week, saw that it was open and construction workers were inside and yes he snuck in and gave himself a little harmless downstairs tour. He said he’s always wanted to see inside that house and it only took him 72 years to make it happen. I love (some things about) LA. (Curbed LA)
• I passed a review this week: Joy the Baker Cake Mixes are pastry chef approved. (MSN)
• Our friend Toby (remember she wrote our Sunday post a few weeks back?) has 35 Sweet Things To Do For A Friend Today. It feels sweet to be sweet to one another, don’t you think? (Whats Up Moms)
• This is exactly why I would fall asleep in yoga all the time. All the air! 4-7-8 breathing. (Inc.com)
• I’m going to say this and it’s up to you to believe me but corndogs are actually easy and super fun to make! I’m looking for an excuse to make these: Spicy Pumpkin Mini Corndogs. (The Candid Appetite)
• My friend Timothy’s Vegan Moroccan Stew looks incredible! It has prunes. I’m SOLD! (Mississippi Vegan)
• This Single Molten Chocolate Cake is a life skill / super power. It’s the perfect cake to push back the Sunday Night Scaries. (Joy the Baker)
• I like this new song from Amos Lee: Worry No More. (Spotify)
• So many of you are already signed up for the Joy the Baker mailing list – that’s how you get here every Sunday. If you aren’t sighed up, you’re certainly invited to! You’ll never miss a Sunday post, recipe, magazine or a class! (Mailchimp)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!
My love to you!
I’ve signed up for the newsletter, and I can’t wait for tomorrow!
Here for the Fedco reference!