I’m trying to set myself up for success this week (the week before my first half marathon). By “success” I mean I’m trying to limit my popcorn-as-a-meal or tortilla-then-cookie-dough-dinner. I wish that last dinner option was fictional, alas. This week, I’m digging through the archives for my grocery list. My weeknight dinners are usually one-pot meals that make great leftovers. If you’re in the market for dinner inspiration, take a quick scroll. Here’s what’s for dinner this week starting with my Dad’s One-Pot Hawaiian Chicken. Salty, sweet, and yes… thousand island dressing.
• I didn’t know Cincinnati Chili was controversial until I offered a bowl to a friend who scoffed at the audacity of cinnamon in chili. I happen to LOVE it. This spiced meat chili is topped with beans, cheese, and onions and served over spaghetti. Would this make a good carb loading meal the night before my race of is this to similar to Michael Scott eating alfredo pasta five minutes before running a mile? If you have The Office memorized like I do, we’re laughing together.
• This Braised Chicken and Mushroom Ragu somehow feels romantic to me. It’s such a cozy dinner and the mushroom add an earthiness that feels super settling.
• Here me out: a can of beans and a few inches of a baguette can absolutely be dinner. Add cheese and fresh herbs and get everything toasts. White Bean Skillet Crostini. The leftovers are fantastic with a soft boiled egg in the morning!
• I’ve made these One-Pot Lamb and Spinach Meatballs with Orzo with ground turkey more often than ground lamb and either way they’re easy and delicious.
• I feel like Cheeseburger Fried Rice should also come with an apology. It’s so good it’s actually a problem .
That’s what’s for dinner this week, friends! Have a great week. We’ve got this.