Hello friends. It’s SUNDAY!
This week I’m thinking about little gifts. I was chatting with my friend Trevor on the phone about how we’re going to shoot an upcoming live tv segment. All business – but before we got off the phone Trevor says, hey I have a song I want you to listen to. He sent me this Henry Mancini song and said he heard it and was sharing it with everyone he connected with that day. It’s that just the sweetest offering? Next time I talk to Trevor I need to remind him that his friendship is a gift. Who do you need to pass that sentiment on to? (Spotify)
Below is the offering this week. I hope this finds you well and I hope you take only what you need here:
• Prepare your hearts – I made another Joy the Baker Holiday Magazine for you! It’s a great one, friends! The magazine will be on grocery store shelves nationwide (and in Canada) on November 1st BUT you can order it online now and get it a few weeks early! (Magazineshop.us)
• My friend Sara just joined the 5am Club (well… she’s reading the book and setting her alarm for 5am) and it made me realize I’ve been part of my own little 5:30am club for the last few years. I’m a morning person and I love getting up in the dark and pitzing around the house getting ready for the day as the sun comes up. I’m most productive in the morning so I really try to take advantage of those morning hours because after 2pm I reeeaaaallllyyyy slow down. Tell me you. Are you a morning person? Could you be part of the 5am Club? (Amazon)
• This was an incredible read. All of the little things that have to come together. Writing Eleanor Rigby by Paul McCartney (The New Yorker)
• Listened to this powerful podcast this week: RadioLab: The Queen of Dying (WNYCStudios)
• I’ve been staring down a nearly full canister of masa harina (cornflour) in my pantry. If memory serves, it’s been in there since a frenzied tortilla and pupusa making journey during the early days of the pandemic. Turns out I don’t use cornflour that often but this inspiration from King Arthur Flour might have me singing a different tune (and buying another bag). I particularly have my eye on Tamal de Cazuela and Whipped Lemon Shortbread. (A Cozy Kitchen / King Arthur Flour)
• Here’s a recipe for Kale, Sausage and White Bean Soup I left here on Pinterest for you.
• I baked a very chill 8 dozen of these Halloween Sugar Cookies and I support you doing the same. (Joy the Baker)
• We all have our own super powers. Mine has something to do with butter and sugar, I’m sure of it. In my heart, I deeply wish my super power was this sort of karaoke moment from one of my favorite bands, Joseph. (Instagram)
• Jon’s Chocolate Cinnamon Sandwich Cookies are my ideal proportion of cookie to frosting. (The Candid Appetite)
• Let’s hang out! I’m hosting 3 events (so far!) this fall. Meet me at Williams Sonoma Knoxville, Dallas, and Houston in the next few weeks. Click the city links for details. It’s free! There will be cake! We’ll have magazines for sale and we’ll chat about holiday baking! Come say hey, please! I’d love to see you! (Squadup.com)
• I took the image above at Suzonne’s house. (Flower Magazine)
Enjoy your Sunday, friends!
My love to you.