Hi friends! I don’t know about you but I am in the middle of Major Life Stuff™ at the moment, and it seems I’m not alone. If I could paint you a picture of what life looks like, I would be in the drivers seat of an earth excavator and I did not listen to instructions on how to use it safely. Everything is knocked down and being rebuilt. I have yanked the proverbial tablecloth off the table called Life. I digress (because waxing poetic is my actual specialty). We live in the beautiful, wild journey of it all and not at the destination, and right now this journey is… something else. What keeps me sane in these moments is knowing this major stuff is going to lead to majorly good things.
Anyways, this is my first Let It Be, Sunday with y’all! I am comfortable in my seat in the editing wings with the occasional post and Joy said, “Absolutely not, get on over here, I see you on Instagram all the time.” You know what? She’s not wrong – I am an active participant on the ‘gram. I come to you arms figuratively full of this month’s obsessions and a few thoughtful reads this Halloween Eve. Am I an influencer? Hardly. Mainly, let’s get into this rest day, because Major Life Stuff ™ and wild weekend Halloween parties require rest – I hope you fully recover from both.
• Please, meet your new emotional support water bottle – it has different drinking options all at once. There’s varying sizes (I love the 24oz), a carrying loop, and it keeps things so cold it defies logic. Be obsessed with me! (Owala Life)
• My love for Jeni’s runs hot and cold but I will always make room in my heart for her holiday flavors. Middle West Whisky & Pecans is a gift and! This year’s Boozy Eggnog ice cream is in collaboration with Uncle Nearest whiskey! (Jeni’s Ice Cream)
• Please tell me I’m not the only one who will watch Crazy, Rich Asians at the drop of a hat, it’s definitely my comfort movie. Constance Wu reappears after Fresh Off the Boat drama with her memoir ‘Making a Scene,’ and I hope she can hear my supportive applause. (Harper’s Bazaar)
• The prep school look seems to be coming back into fashion. As someone who watched Britney’s rise to fame, I am sitting this one out, respectfully. This one is all yours, gen z. I will be over here in this cute oversized number with a book. However, if the business-casual-in-the-club-a-la-2010 comes back I will be right there to laugh loudly. (Mango)
• I’ve been on a reading kick and have found some new favorites – if you’ve already read all of Colleen Hoover, I have a few recs. And this here book was so spicy I had to take my AirPods out on the bus because I was *gasping* for air. (Bookshop.org)
• Gabrielle Blair (DesignMom on Instagram) is an OG blogger and a long time favorite of mine. Her new book doesn’t just shake the table it throws the table out and sits directly in front of you. And talks loudly. I think everyone should read it. (Bookshop.org)
• For my Disney buffs, here is the miracle of Lilo & Stitch becoming a film – teaching us that you can choose your family and no one gets left behind. (Vulture)
• All respect to Toni Morrison forever, may her memory be a blessing. The New York Times highlights how her most challenging novel came to life.
• These Apple Cheesecake Bars have taken residence in my brain and will not leave until I make them, and you should make them with me. Okay great, I love it, that’s settled. (Joy the Baker)
• Joanna and her team write a big round up of fall recommendations and I highly recommend a thorough dissection of it. Somehow, I missed the show Bad Sisters, but I am fully on board now. (Cup of Jo)
• My life is mostly cat videos and I refuse to apologize for that. (TikTok)
• Why are tiny things so adorable – I love that Joy also understands that, which is why she partnered with Delicacies Jewelry. Get the cutest lil’ pretzel necklace on sale with code joycollection15. Today is the last day y’all! It supports a beautiful cause and represents transformation through Major Life Stuff™. You need this in your life, I would never lead you wrong.
p.s. I am convinced Joy has the best readers on the internet and absolutely *love* reading your comments. Makes my entire day over and over again.