Welcome our last December guest, the team from Seemore Meats & Veggies!
It is safe to say that Cara Nicoletti is a genius. Combining sustainable practices along with sacred butcher knowledge handed down through four generations, Cara has made a truly kick-ass business. Seemore Meats & Veggies (named after her grandfather, a retired butcher named Seymour) brings sustainability to eating meat by sneaking a ton of veggies into it. It’s nitrate and antibiotic free and better for you! Reviewed by seemingly every food lover, Seemore gets a resounding “yummm” because their sausage is not only nutritious but genuinely delicious. In the spirit of the holidays (and because you really need to try these delicious sausages) team Seemore is offering 15% off their product using code “Joy15”! Serve these for Christmas or New Years brunch and become the most popular person around.
FROM TEAM SEEMORE:
Sweet + savory goodness wrapped in a flakey puff pastry? Yes please. These Monte Cristo-ish sausage rolls star Seemore’s Sweet Potato Sage breakfast sausages. They’re filled with humanely raised chicken, sweet potato, sage, and brown sugar! We wrapped them in frozen puff pastry with raspberry jam and melty brie for a festive breakfast treat.
- 1 package of Seemore’s Sweet Potato Sage breakfast sausage (6 links)
- 1 sheet of frozen thawed puff pastry, cut into 6 rectangles
- 6–7oz. Wedge of brie sliced into ¼ inch slices.
- ¼ cup of raspberry jam + more for serving
- 1 beaten egg
- Powdered sugar to top
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently stretch one rectangle of puff pastry so you have room to crimp shut after stuffing.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam along the middle of the rectangle. Add your Seemore sausage link, and tear a piece of brie to top and spread evenly along the sausage/jam.
- Crimp the two ends of the puff pastry shut. Pinch thoroughly and then fold down. Place sausage roll seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with your remaining puff pastry + sausages.
- Brush beaten egg over each sausage roll to ensure they get nice and golden. Gently score sausage rolls to help puff pastry cook evenly and rise.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a side of additional raspberry jam for dipping and enjoy!