Sure, you could make this irresistible guacamole for a backyard barbecue, or a block party, a brunch party maybe… any event that would take you out of your pajamas, off of your couch, and into the presence of other people (gasp.) OR… you could make a giant bowl of this guacamole, keep your pajamas on and settle in for a good, old-fashioned Netflix binge. I mean. To me, the choice is clear.
Choose your own adventure. I will often choose pajamas and privacy, especially where guacamole is involved.
Ripe avocados are pitted and scooped into a big enough bowl. Diced red onions plus finely diced jalapeño into the avocado.
Lots of lime to keep things tart, green, and to prevent scurvy.
Salt and pepper too because, always.
Cilantro for that particular guacamole punch.
And mango instead of tomatoes today! The sweetness and juiciness is a wonderful compliment to the creamy avocado and savory onions.
I also added a splash of tequila to the guacamole. The fragrance alone is a nice complement. The slight bite is welcome.
Now… guacamole is a very personal endeavor. It’s like making an omelet. Everyone is very particular, as they should be.
Maybe you like your guacamole more onion-y, with way more spice, with no cilantro or all the cilantro, or without the tequila. The recipe below is an outline, feel free to adjust as your taste permits.
Have fun! Also… let me know what you’re Neflix binge selection is. I’m curious.
- 3 ripe Haas avocados, sliced in half, pit removed and scooped from peel
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- most of a jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- juice of 3 limes
- small handful coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced, ripe mango
- salt and pepper
- splash of tequila (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Leave the avocado mixture as chunky as you'd like.
- Stir in cilantro, mango, salt and pepper, and tequila (if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as you'd like. Maybe you'd like to add more lime, salt, or pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.