Watermelon Peach Caprese Salad
Yea. I definitely stood in the kitchen, staring at this gorgeous summer salad, wondering/hoping/wishing/longing to put all of these ingredients between two slices of bread to make an extra buttery, extra mozzarella-y grilled cheese.
I think watermelon in a sandwich might be out-of-bounds. I think this ultra fresh summer salad belongs on a plate with a knife and fork. I think I just want to turn everything into a grilled cheese sandwich.
Related: Lasagna Grilled Cheese
Summery goodness! And the great news is that tomatoes and watermelon are only going to get better as we get deeper into summer.
Now excuse me while I go daydream more grilled cheese situations.
This salad is perfectly simple. Nature does all the heavy lifting. There are no tricks, just big beautiful summer flavors!
Watermelon is cut into squares, away from the rind. Peaches are ripe and sliced.
Tomato is sliced thick. Mozzarella is sliced divine.
Fresh herbs, too! I like basil to compliment the tomatoes and mint to compliment the watermelon.
And we stack! Just layering juicy watermelon with fresh tomatoes and peach. Liberal amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar brighten the salad. Salt and fresh ground pepper make it dang near perfect.
Too easy? Too easy and so delicious.
This salad will also last a few days in the fridge. It’s durable and extremely satisfying. Happy days to us!
- 8 to 10 slices fresh watermelon
- 12 to 14 slices fresh tomatoes
- 8 to 10 slices fresh peach
- 8 to 10 slices buffalo mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh mint leaves
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- This recipe is so simple!
- Stack and layer together watermelon, tomato, peach, and mozzarella slices. Garnish with fresh basil and mint leaves.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Serve chilled. It's delicious!