Don’t look at me with those sad-clown eyes (wait… is that a thing?). It can’t be all Peach Cobbler Cinnamon Rolls around here. That’s unrealistic (though delicious) and downright daunting (though delicious).
When the day’s diet turns a bit too indulgent, I reach for a blender and try to coax whatever fresh ingredients I have into a healthy smoothie. It’s not rocket science… it’s mostly just fruit and almond milk. You know the old song and dance.
If you take away any little gem of inspiration from this smoothie concoction, please let it be the Green Tea Ice Cubes. Though so so simple, these little blocks kinda thrill me. All the antioxidants and good vibes of green tea, frozen into a smoothie friendly cube and ready for blending. It’s a clever way to add more nutrients to our smoothie meal! I’m into it.
My favorite smoothie boosters include:
• Chia seeds for their omega powers
• Maca powder for energy
• Aloha Green Juice Powder for a major boost of green and minerals
• Raw Meal Protein Powder for a vegan, gluten, and dairy free protein bang
• Big handfuls of kale, cucumber chunks, and not bacon. Whatever you do, don’t add bacon.
Into the blender we go with raspberries (fresh or frozen), almond milk, pomegranate juice (bitterness to balance the sweet), green tea ice cubes, and chia seeds.
The results are sweet pink simplicity. It’s refreshing. It’s summer. I know… it’s not cinnamon rolls. Let’s be reasonable people who eat reasonable things from time to time.
Note: For the Green Tea Ice Cubes I brewed a Yerba Mate Green Tea Blend and froze them into cubes.
Raspberry and Pomegranate Smoothie with Green Tea Ice Cubes
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: two small smoothies 1x
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 green tea ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Divide between two glasses and enjoy immediately.