It’s about time we get down to it, wouldn’t you say? Time to roast all of the vegetables, carve all of the pumpkins, peel all of the apples, and eat all of the mac and cheese. It’s Autumn and we have every right to apple our doughnuts and put chicken in our pot pies. Here are a few of my very favorite Autumn recipes… full of all sorts of comfort and joy.
• My Dad’s Perfect Sweet Potato Pie is hands-down my favorite treat to bake during the chilly Autumn months. And when I say ‘perfect’ I mean ‘without a single flaw’, and when I say ‘favorite’ I mean ‘heeck yes it’s the best thing in the world’… just so we’re clear.
• This recipe for Morning Glory Oats is so warm and satisfying. Finely shredded carrots, sweet currants, and steel-cut oats. Who knew carrots belonged in a warm bowl of breakfast? Think of this is carrot cake in a bowl with oats. This recipe is from the book Whole Grain Mornings; an excellent book for Autumn.
• Excuse me while I dip ALL of the things in chocolate and sprinkle ALL of the things with crumbled gingersnap cookies. BRB: Gingerbread Spiced Marshmallows
• What would you say to waffles made out of leftover mashed potatoes, cheese, and chives? If you’re a friend of mine you’d say YEA BOO LET’S DO! Mashed Potato Cheddar and Chive Waffles
• Scones for days! These Pumpkin Pecan Scones with Brown Butter Glaze are tender and cake. Perfect with one, two, three, four cups of coffee. These scones are so moist from the pumpkin that they’re even delicious reheated several days after baking!
• You know I support a baked doughnut. It’s just cake shaped in a conveniently petit ring! These Apple Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts have fresh shredded apples and warm cinnamon all up in the batter. Perfect for Autumn weekend breakfast. Perfect for being generally awesome.
• Mac and Cheese with Minty Peas should be a food group onto itself. Why are we even fighting this?
• Do you need convincing in order to take the time to make a Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie from scratch? It’s time consuming, yes… but truly such an indulgence. Beyond!
I hope you have some quality kitchen times this weekend. Big love from my hungry belly to yours!