Welcome to a new week, my friends! It’s Monday Funday and if you’re not all the way into it, here’s a few helpful tips to get into it: 11 Little Ways To Get Through This Monday.
We’re not going to talk about this whole weird dress color controversy. We can just let that one go, right? I hope this week holds good hair, hot coffee, easy emailing, and general good vibes. I’m settling into my new kitchen and have some delicious things in store for us. There’s a donut thing happening with cheese and mustard. We need to talk about that soon.
The Internet, for us:
• Leonard Nimoy: What I’ve Learned.
• The Elastic Brain. Can neuroscience expand the mind of a child past childhood?
• Scott Budnick, producer of the Hangover movies, is one of the most effective advocates for prison reform in California: Outside Man. Here’s a challenging article about what happens when we send teenagers to adult prisons for non-violent crimes: A Boy Among Men.
• George Harrison’s memorial tree in Griffith Park is destroyed by beetles. There’s got to be an emoji sequence for this kind of irony, right?
• Rage against the tyranny of sitting: The Standing Desk.
• Slot Machine Science. Put a Wheel of Fortune wheel on a slot machine and count me all the way in!
• Let’s imagine all the things we can do with Brie Cheese.
• The tidying trend. Let’s do it! The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
• New rule: no WebMD searches after 8pm and if we scroll through more than 3 pages we’re cut off because we’re officially freaking ourselves out. Also… Looking Up Symptoms Online? These Companies Are Tracking You. Nooooooooo.
I love you and Happy Monday!
As for the last item: Ghostery is your friend. Seriously, download it immediately. And use DuckDuckGo instead of Google to search.
let it be delicious and easy monday, that looks very easy to bake
And Monday approaches us again…
reading about your shrimp po boy in sift – can’t wait to try it!!