[H]ello friends! I hope this morning finds you happy and rested, ready for buttery toast and a leisurely morning. I’m back in New Orleans making the biggest mess of my kitchen just for you. We’ve got fruit pies, avocado things, and a crazy marshmallow concoction coming your way in the next few days. I hope you’re into it!
Have the most lovely day. Let’s be good to the people around us.
The Internet, distilled:
• One hundred and fifty years ago this week, President Lincoln was assassinated. Here’s the story of The Insane Story of The Guy Who Killed The Guy Who Killed Lincoln.
• One Company’s New Minimum Wage: $70,000 a year. How? The CEO cut his own million dollar salary to increase the salary of his employees over three years. Yea… think about it.
• The Fascinating, Never-Ending Job of Painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Tall towers and tight corners, over and over again, amen.
• Taking Back Detroit, portraits of a city and its people.
• The Time Has Come To Redefine Old Age. Maybe we should define old age by whether or not you SnapChat. Related: I’m not on SnapChat. I’m old.
• Something to make us all feel old and technologically inept: Instagram’s TMZ.
• Really interesting: The Making of Dr. Oz, how an award-winning doctor turned away from science and embraced fame.
• Let’s learn Why Knuckles Crack.
• What’s So Special About 350 degrees F? The science of what happens behind the oven door from The Kitchn.
• When I first moved to New Orleans, Jessica Bride graciously invited me into her home to teach me how to make a Louisiana specialty: crawfish pie. She invited her photographer friend Gabrielle, and I was quickly welcomed into their food-loving friendship. Crawfish Pie and the power of cooking with strangers.
• The ladies of Spoon Fork Bacon have a new and beautiful book out! I’m baking from it this afternoon. It’s The Perfect Egg.
• For when we need our shoes to say a lot about who we are.
• Speaking of things we wear. How about this for our new Spring Dress? I like.
• New high or new low? Custom Printed Pet Photo Pillows.
Happy Sunday! I love you. xo
echoing what everyone else has said, but I love these compilation posts and they allow me access to articles I would have never found otherwise!