BUCKET LIST buck•et list (noun): a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have accomplished during their lifetime. Also, a 2007 comedic film featuring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST sum•mer buck•et list (noun): a list of things that a person would like to accomplish and experience during the summer months. If done correctly, should involve water-guns, pool time, and roller-skates.
Here’s my Summer Bucket List. Let it inspire you to set some playful intentions for your warm months.
1. Brew my own kombucha. I’m going to use this kit, inspired by my maj Tracy.
2. Hang art in my house. Bye-bye blank walls!
3. Work up to running 7 miles. Straight. I’m up to running 3 miles now. Mind over matter.
4. Go to the Hollywood Bowl and picnic.
5. Write a short story. Don’t let it be daunting.
6. Watercolor and zone out at least 1x per week. It feels good good. I’m using this kit and LOVE IT!
7. Visit Tracy in Marin.
8. Buy water-guns. Invite friends. Do.It.Up.
9. Play hooky and sneak into a fancy hotel pool. Maybe a Pina Colada is in order too.
10. Make jelly-filled doughnuts. Obviously.
11. Donate blood. Follow up: don’t pass out.
12. Buy roller-skates. Use them.
13. Write a book about brunch. Rather, keep writing it.
14. Learn to do a yoga headstand. It’s in the core, right?
15. Look up and see lots of stars. Go to a place where that happens and enjoy.
The Summer months feel like a time for happiness and play. Sure, it’s not like work halts or bills can be put on hold, but I hope you find bits of joy and sunshine in your everyday. I’m going to go make some cookies now. They have Oreos in them. Cookies inside of cookies. So help me God.
I love this list! What a great way to make the most out of your summer!