I’m going to push the pause button on holiday eating and grab a hold of this salad. It’s just about all I can do to step away from the lasagna, fried chicken, and chocolate chip cookies.
Which reminds me, I have dough leftover from a batch of Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies in the refrigerator and I better preheat the oven while I finish this salad.
First, let’s talk about greens and fiber. Stay focused.
Hello, bowl of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. We’re going to doll you up, because you need dolling.
Crisp bites of celery, sweet apple spears, tart pomegranate pearls. Avocado for creaminess and good fat, and because avocados make a salad taste expensive and if you’re going to eat a salad, it might as well taste like an expensive one.
Hard boiled eggs in the salad to add protein, though chopped walnuts or roasted almonds would also be supreme.
Let’s get in our greens. And also be sure to set the timer on our cookies. It’s a balancing act, right?Print
Kale Pomegranate Crunch Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 heaping cups finely chopped kale
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh apple
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
Optional and delicious additions
- chopped walnuts or toasted almonds
- parmesan cheese
- feta cheese
- sliced cucumbers
For the Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- pinch of smoky paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup avocado (or olive) oil
- sea salt and fresh crack black pepper for topping
- In a large bowl toss together kale, egg slices, pomegranate, celery, apple, and avocado. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Top with salt and pepper and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
We made this salad yesterday and loved it! This bowl full of crunchy, fresh veggies and fruits was just what we needed after the meat-heavy holiday meals. I used toasted sunflower seeds (instead of almonds or nuts) and the suggested feta, which worked great with the other ingredients. The pinch of pimenton in the dressing is pure genius. Thank you for this great recipe and best wishes for 2016 from snowy Montréal! <3
This is a wonderful combination. I have made it twice in the last week. It was given rave reviews. I did toasted slivered almonds and let the guest put crumbled blue cheese or shaved parmesan depending on their preference. What I like about a kale salad left overs are just as good ’cause the kale is so hearty.
Absolutely love this healthy idea! Combines all my favourite foods and definitely love the complimentary taste of pomegranate!
– Holly x
Considering The Radish
It’s both cookie season and kale salad season right now, and I love the look of this one. Kale+avocado+pommegranate= perfection.
Gorgeous recipe that looks so tasty! I love a good salad! :-) xx
Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog
That looks absolutely delicious. I will definitely be trying this recipe while I detox from all that is Christmas!! :)