I’m in denial about the current calendar date so we’re not going to talk about how close to Christmas and the new year we are. Denial is a powerful force often enforced by cake.
I hope you’ve had a great week, whether or not denial is part of it. Are you that person that shipped all your packages and answered all of your emails? I’d like to high-five you.
Two things I don’t know how to talk about are Star Wars and Donald Trump. They have nothing in common besides the fact that I just can’t, with both of them.
Here’s the Internet. It’s ours / not ours:
• Lessons in Don’t Be A Bad Dude: “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli arrested for securities fraud.
• The world we live in. Facing the same threat, Los Angeles and New York take different tacks.
• Only women know about Crying in the Bathroom. I cry when I’m angry… and then I get more angry that I’m crying and my crying might be interpreted as weakness, and then I cry more. It’s an awkward, messy cycle, often executed in a bathroom.
• This woman, a CHAMPION! Serena Williams, Sportsperson of the Year.
• “Psychologists don’t just distinguish between two kinds of motivation. They also identify two kinds of well-being: happiness, which is a positive, momentary emotional tone, and meaningfulness, the sense that one’s life has broad value and purpose.” The Spiritual Life of the Long Distance Runner Really great read!
• It’s a journey, big time. Viola Davis and Edie Falco Talk Race, Sex and Life Before Stardom
• 6 Reasons I’ll Never Wear a Bra Again. I can’t seem to make a decent cup of coffee or write a coherent email with a bra on, so we’re all different ladies, aren’t we?
• Battling December skin with DIY Skin Brightening Toner.
• Drop everything: Fashion Santa.
• Jon made Breakfast BLTs and my mouth is watering.
• This week I debuted a passion project I’ve been working on for the past few weeks: Drake on Cake. It exploded on the internet more than anything I’ve ever done… so, wait.. HUH? Yea. That happened. My favorite was that NYMag was snarky about it. How long were you holding on to that Simba reference?
It’s almost Christmas, people. Don’t worry. It’s not real. (Help.)