I mean it… WOW.
We’re almost to the end of 2015 and what are we to think? Are you taking some time to reflect or does that feel more daunting that the year itself? I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday with friends and family. If Facebook is any indication, you nailed it. I was in Los Angeles for approximately 12 minutes, but that proved to be enough time to have some quality time with my family and stuff my face with my dad’s stuffing and my cousin’s chocolate cake. I can only hope the same joy for you.
I won’t be posting much for the next week or two. There’s a few reasons for that. I’m tired. I’m human. All of my food ideas are going towards the upcoming Brunch book that I’m currently in mega crunch-time finishing. And I’m launching a little redesign of the site next week and, since this isn’t my first rodeo… it’s like my ninth rodeo… I know there will be technology hiccups that need tending. In the meantime, I’d love for you to make yourself some waffles and find me on Instagram where I’ll be well-caffeinated and mildly stressed.
Here is some of the internet specially curated for you:
• 5 Cooking Fears and How To Face Them. Mandolines are more terrifying than public speaking. Fried chicken is better bought.
• Why you should always buy the men’s version of everything. Because sexism is expensive in so many ways.
• This is a very beautiful video to watch and if you’re human, you’ll cry.
• One of the most beautiful and heart-hurting essays of the year. The Friend.
• From the NYT. 2015, a year in pictures.
• This book is on my nightstand. It’s absolutely beautiful. It’s What I Do: A Photographers Life of Love and War. Thank you for the suggestion, Jessica. Also eager to read How Should A Person Be?
• Have you already binged Making A Murderer? I have three episodes left and when I finish I predict I’ll open my window and throw the television out, sending it crashing to the ground. I won’t need it anymore. Everything is over.
• 14 Behind the Scenes Secrets of a TSA Agent. Straight face emoji. It’s like… oh, they’re annoyed with US!? Well we’re annoyed with them too. THEY’RE JUST BUTTON FLY JEANS AND NO YOU CAN’T PAT ME THERE! (I travel a lot… personal problems.)
• What the most popular posts on Instagram say about us. We like beautiful, young, famous people… especially if they have cats.
• This made me want to bang my head against a wall, but only because engaged women take themselves very seriously. 10 Emotions Newly Engaged Girls Will Feel. Can someone write this from the male perspective? I feel like it’s just ‘oh gawd, help…”.
• Unrelated: 5 Ways To Ruin a Relationship Before It Even Begins.
Those last three links got a little awkward, didn’t they?
• Let’s make White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies this week and not talk to anyone until we’ve eaten them all.
• My Dad had to explain Star Wars to me on the way home from church, then he told me to watch Christmas in Connecticut, so… everything is great!
• New Year’s Resolution: light candles at dinner.
I better go.
I hope you have the most lovely Sunday.
See you soon! Promises promises.