Happy New Year, my friends!
Are you feeling rested and fresh? Ready to dive into this next year with both feet? I vote we go in cannonball style this year.
I have more I want to share with you about saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016, but I’m still gathering those thoughts into coherent sentences. In the meantime:
Some of this. Some of that:
• Because real love, once blossomed, never disappears. When Cupid Is a Prying Journalist.
• This 20 minutes of comedy has some special moments. Our president has a nice smile. Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee with President Barack Obama
• We’re adults who get to choose what we do and I appreciate this take on modern love. On Tinder, Off Sex
• How to adopt a 5-hour workday. No lunch and waaaaaaay less Facebook.
• We aren’t promised a thing, but if we can be comfortable eating dinner at the bar alone, and strive to look AMAZING in our muumuus, we’re gold: How to Grow Old With Yourself.
• New Year Drinking Resolutions from PUNCH.
• A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for Activated Charcoal Lemonade. Some of you were excited by the prospect of drinking activated charcoal, some of you wanted to shake your fists in fury. I’ve been occasionally drinking this recipe and so far I’m not dead and still have incessant cravings for brownies. Choose your own adventure.
• Why, with the charcoal lemonade, when we could just Shrimp and Grits and a Cocktail?
• Did I mention that it’s almost Mardi Gras. Time to get in the swing with King Cake.
• New Chrome App helps women stop saying ‘just’ and ‘sorry’ in emails. Apologizing for the frequency of our apologies.
• Filed under, Food I Made That I Didn’t Take Pictures Of: Pepperoni Pizza with Sourdough Pizza Crust from my sourdough starter. Also, I ate it on New Years Eve with a bottle of wine and a mud face mask and a bath so I’m doing a lot of things right.
• 2016 is the year that these shoes make sense, right?
Let’s jump in!