Right here is where we are. Hopefully with a mug of warmth in hand, with a few moments to ourselves, with a peaceful sky above, mellow plans for the day, and if we’re very very lucky… the sound of the ocean surrounding us.
I hopped up and over to (just past) Pensacola Florida for the weekend. The pastels are unbelievable. The moon is huge. The heart is mellowing.
Wanna know what’s up on the Internet? Here it is (minus the politics, mostly):
• The Opposite of a Muse: In the course of two decades, a medical secretary in Paris persuaded scores of renowned photographers to take her picture. These images bring me all sorts of desperate, courageous, vulnerable and strong and whole vibrations.
• Your hearty, nostalgic weekend read: My Friend Sam.
• Make sure you find the moon this weekend (or go night hunting… either/or).
• These dang cell phones bring some life but might be the death of us. Unplugged Tourism is Booming because we want to set these things away… at least until November 8th or 9th, right?
• Tourist season is on and poppin’ in New Orleans these days. If you can’t make it down to the swamp, consider this: Muffuletta Panzanella
• Please trust me. Please make this. Please enjoy: Coconut Curry Hot Chocolate.
• Creating a Pastry Chef From Scratch– but can we make some money, y’all? Dang.
• To watch: The Value of Running Marathons in Prison.
• Would you stick your arm in the hole? Trust Tattoos.
• Thanks, Cindy, For Making Eye Contact Through The Bathroom Stall. And that thanks is more of a “thanks-for-nothin'” thanks.
• Brunette. That just is what it is.
• Let’s set the table and make it nice. These Bayberry Tapered Candles from Food52 will make for beautiful light.
We’re good. Let’s know that.