I’ve been wearing the same pair of jeans for the past week +, so for Halloween I’m thinking of dressing up in… not those jeans. Clearly that’s mostly just a favor to myself.
I hope you are feeling happy and grounded these days. Here’s what’s on my mind and on the Internet:
• Harassed on Twitter. What this election cycle looks like from the other side of a Twitter troll storm. It’s almost over… but when are we going to be less nasty to one another?
• I’m Not An Asshole I’m An Introvert. And now the pride of calling yourself an introvert has jumped the shark… thank god. Things were getting a little self righteous.
• This is very human: Patton Oswalt: I’ll Never Be 100 Percent Again
• I found this really interesting: The End of Adolescence
• Eat Cookies For Breakfast because the Italians tell us it’s a fine plan.
• Ina Garten is one of the few people The Cut won’t throw shade at, and for good reason. I Wish I Was Married To Ina Garten.
• I’m starting a Cookbook Club and I want you to join me! I’m reading tips on how to bring a Cookbook Club to life on Food52 and this from Serious Eats: Why Cookbook Clubs Should Be The Way We Entertain.
• I know we’re early on this but the grocery stores have already started lining the end-caps with cranberry sauce and I can’t help myself: Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese
• Unpacking this list of Best Bakeries in New Orleans.
• I’ve got a few good Thanksgiving recipes coming up on the site and in my research I found this helpful recipe and bit of knowledge from King Arthur. Freeze and Bake Dinner Rolls! You don’t even have to let them rise. The dough is shaped and goes right in the freezer. Thaw and let rise for 4 to 5 hours before baking. That means fresh rolls on Thanksgiving!
Enjoy this Sunday! I hope you’re dressed up all snazzy in something clever.