This month marks the time of year when questions like, “What are you doing for the holidays” need to be answered with actual thoughts and plans. I got about 7 minutes into a plan for Thanksgiving before my crazy-brain fluttered off to something far less important. To beg the question… what are you doing for the holidays? Will you be googling ‘how to brine a turkey’ on Wednesday the 23rd around 9:45pm? It’s ok. People like What’s Gaby Cooking are hooking it up bigtime with Thanksgiving mania.
I feel like November is the month when I need to manage my expectations. It’s not family expectations… those people are lovely and put very little pressure on me. It’s mostly my own expectations of work and progress, and seeing everyone on the Internet seeming to do things really very well / better than meeee. The focus at this point in the year is to hustle (drag?) myself to the end of the year feeling like a champ and not a flop. It’s all perception and managed expectations and I’m in charge of how my brain interprets those things… dangit.
• Speaking of champs: the Cubs won the World Series and that’s how all of baseball ended, and no one ever played again because it’s over now right? We all enjoyed it, amen.
• Sometimes I put Sia on really loud and sing along and I’m nearly completely convinced that I am Sia…. and then I wonder how I put out so many great albums so quickly… and then I pat myself of the back. Go MeSia.
• Sometimes you have to date someone who can REALLY sing to finally understand that you can not sing at all (but you should still do it anyway in your car/house/shower alone).
• Happy Birthday who our favorite Scorpios, especially those whom we have dated, fought with, and stopped dating. Just me? Maybe that’s just me.
• On this day in 1842 Abraham Lincoln married Mary Todd. Peace be with them. Thanks for all the crap you went through to try to make us better. We’re in an awkward phase right now but y’all knew what fear and anger looked like. We still have some of that.
• Is Mercury in retrograde? Just checking.
• I would encourage you to invest in yourself this month by watching the Amazon show, Goliath. It’s beautiful and surprising and so well done and I LOVE when shows actually take place in Los Angeles… and the music is really great too!
• Also consider this: Savory Cheesecake with Roasted Vegetables.
• November means we are days, hours, minutes away from enjoying the best Sweet Potato Pie (without exaggeration) EVER.
It’s November. We’re good. We can look ourselves straight on in the mirror and really believe it.