Hello my friends!
Happy Sunday. You are a gemstone and I’m so glad you’re here.
A few things happened for me this week. I’ve stuck my head in the sand when it comes to this election season. I’m done. I’m voted. Tap me on the shoulder when it’s over because I’m all full up until then. Also, what I thought was a blonde hair is actually (if I’m being damn honest with myself) a gray hair, and what I thought were bruises on my finger are likely age spots. So… that’s how I’m living… and really, all is well. All is really very good.
How are you? I mean it. Will you tell me?
Here’s some of the Internet (minus the bullcrap):
• Do you know how many elected women presidents and prime ministers there have been? I didn’t know either. Take a good 20 minutes and watch this: 50/50 Film. Let’s change the scarcity narrative.
• Six Takeaways From America’s Test Kitchen’s Lawsuit Against Christopher Kimball. I mean… I could boil it down to one takeaway: don’t be a jerk of a human. Ok? Ok.
• How Much Suffering Can You Take? That is, how much suffering can you take to complete five Ironman competitions in five days? Strong bodies + even stronger mental will.
• I really love this! Give something back + Give Something Bike 2016.
• I’m currently reading two books. First, Shakespeare Saved My Life, admittedly a hand-me-down from my Mom’s book club and I’m really enjoying it. It’s nonfiction, about a professor who teaches Shakespeare to inmates in solitary confinement. The parallels are pointed. The second book I’m reading is really important and I hope you consider adding it to your list: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson of the Equal Justice Initiative. It’s about justice and the man who has fought against unjust prison sentencing for decades. Please read.
• Interesting / not totally surprising: What’s up with the cookbook industry these days.
• Adrianna’s Cornbread Chicken + Dumplings sounds SO GOOD. Comforts galore. Now excuse me while I doodle around the Internet looking for advice on homemade vegetable and chicken stocks. (See: How To Make Vegetable Stock Without A Recipe).
• My favorite Peanut Butter Cookie is crisp and dipped in chocolate (and sprinkled with salt thaaaank you).
• Nicolas Newcomb makes my favorite mug. It’s comfortable and holds a lot of dark coffee.
• Can we use these as tiny casual wine cups? Curious.
Let’s enjoy this day!