For your consideration.
I don’t have all the answers. I don’t even have a majority of them. I can’t decide which color to pain my office. My clean laundry is in a heap on my bedroom chair and I’m likely just going to wash it again in the hopes that it comes out of the dryer already folded.
I merely come here today with the suggestion, the offering, the inspiration of Warm Molasses Milk. It’s a tonic of sorts, to warm the heart, nourish the insides, treat the belly. No claims of increased decision-making skills or folding prowess… but still, for your consideration.
This Warm Molasses Milk is along the lines of a say… Turmeric Tonic. It’s one of those cozy warm drinks that actually does a body good. One tablespoon of blackstrap molasses contains a good dose of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron. All good things to put in your body, made warm and sweet and cozy with milk.
What’s your favorite milk? We have about a million choices these days. Whole milk is delicious, if your insides agree. Coconut milk is very lush and you’ll only need a few sips. Almond milk is a great choices for this steamy drink.
Add molasses, raw honey, whole cloves and allspice and mulling spices, sea salt, ground cinnamon… and stir to steaming over heat.
Sip sip from a small cup. I found that sharing a 1 1/4 cup serving with one other person was plenty satisfying. This tonic tastes rich, like hot chocolate… but healthier. It’s sweet, with an enticing bitterness, hint of spice, and jolt of warmth.
Try for yourself and tell me what you think!Print
Warm Molasses Milk
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 11/4 cup almond, soy, coconut, or soy milk
- 1 scant tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (less if your milk is very sweet)
- good pinch of ground cinnamon
- good pinch of sea salt
- mulling spices like whole cloves, allspice, anise (whatever you have on hand)
- In a small saucepan, heat together milk, molasses, honey, cinnamon, salt, and spices. Warm until the molasses and honey are dissolved and incorporated and the mixture is steaming (not boiling). Remove from heat, cover, and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a mug.
- Enjoy warm!
- Serving Size: 2