Here I am, sidling up to your weekend with a cocktail.
We’re adding kombucha to our weekend cocktail because my girl Whitney made these Kombucha Mimosas and I thought we should all share in the splendor of Saturday cocktails + probiotics.
Juice + booch + champagne. Fine, totally fine weekend decisions, don’y you think? You can skip the juice all together and just combine kombucha and champagne (Whitney-style). I happen to like a splash of tart juice in my morning. It’s up to you! How do you like your morning drank?
Also see: Elaine Sidles the Sidler because I used the word ‘sidle’. (Fall down the rabbit hole of Seinfeld clips, if you’re anything like me).
Here’s what you’ll beed:
- chilled champagne
- fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- a chilled bottle of kombucha (any flavor that suits your fancy).
Start with the grapefruit. Tart and bright and lightly sweet.
Add the kombucha. Fizzy and juicy with probiotics for our guts.
Aaaaand champagne. Because we’re weekending!
Add edible flowers and citrus rounds. Or not. Keep it feel-good and easy.
Kombucha Grapefruit Mimosas
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bottle chilled champagne
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 (16-ounce) bottles kombucha (any flavor you like)
- edible flowers, optional
- sliced citrus rounds, optional
- Choose some glassware that makes you feel weekend festive.
- Fill each glass a quarter of the way full with with grapefruit juice. Add another quarter of kombucha. Fill the glass with champagne.
- Dot with edible flowers and garnish with a citrus round.
- Enjoy and cheers!
- Serving Size: 6
Photography by Jon Melendez