Hello my friends.
We’ve made it out of January – let’s stop and take that in. Well done. Let’s keep hydrating. Let’s keep moisturizing. Let’s keep it moving.
I’m feeling, well, behind on my Mardi Gras costume making but very well up to speed on my King Cake consumption. There has been no shortage. I had a King Cake doughnut just today thankyouverymuch. I have a houseguest in town and it’s always fun to take extra long walks and take in the city.
I spent the earlier part of the week in New York and left the city just before the cold cold cold. I hope all of you in the chill are staying warm and well and have a Roasted Vegetable Winter Crumble in the oven.
The offering this week is below. You’re good at this by now but – take what you need and leave the rest. I am thankful for your presence.
• A case made by a mild-mannered dermatologist: Is Sunscreen the New Margarine? (Outside)
• Ok is breakfast a conspiracy? Brunch definitely isn’t – that’s just facts. (Vox)
• This week I Googled the following phrase: how to be a 911 operator. I read this: What I Do As A 911 Dispatcher. I was probably avoiding putting my laundry away. (Lifehacker)
• Oprah and Gayle on dating, phone passcodes and spicing it up in the bedroom– thank you very much ladies. There’s something about best friends that is such a joy, you know? (Oprah)
• Here’s what we’re listening to this week: Emily King, Scenery. (Spotify)
• My current cake obsession: Raspberry Rose Angel Food Cake. (Zoe Bakes)
• I just remembered that a lifetime ago I made these doughnuts and I’m here to tell you that I’m getting back in the kitchen to revamp this recipe for all of us: Pink Raised Doughnuts With Toasted Coconut. (Joy the Baker)
• I’m learning so much from you in the Well-Kept Kitchen Challenge we’re all doing on Instagram (see the highlights for the past two days)! This book has been recommended to us and without actually having my hands on it yet, it seems GREAT! The Hands-On Home: a seasonal guide to cooking, preserving and natural housekeeping. (Amazon)
• I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, please please read The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker. Thank you. (Amazon)
Have a most lovely Sunday!
My love to you.