Hello my friends! We’re in it, aren’t we? Are these the dog days of summer?
I hope you’re taking it easy this weekend. I hope you’re lying low, drinking lemonade, and dangling your feet in a cool swimming pool.
Here’s what’s on my mind and on the Internet this week:
• Turn On, Retweet, Tune Out – on our fleeting #empathy.
• Jonathan the 182 year old tortoise. Slow and steady forever and ever.
• So there’s this company called Personal Audio that claims to have the legit patent on aaaallll podcasts. They’ve demanded cash-money from podcasts large and small according to their patent. Essentially they’re going after popular podcasts in an effort to make some quick money and essentially it’s a really crappy thing to do. They got more than they bargained for when they went after Adam Carolla. Adam Carolla Won’t Let Company Drop Podcast Patent Infringement Case Against Him.
• I love these dreamy pictures of Old California.
• Watch this full screen because The World’s Most Extraordinary Waves deserve at least that much respect. The thought of these kinds of waves coming at me gives me a half-panie (aka half panic attack).
• A very accurate list of Ten Things Not To Do As A New Yorker Visiting LA.
• Raspberry Peach Sorbet Kombucha Floats! I’m all the way into it.
• An important documentary about a teenager sentenced to life in prison without parole. 15 to Life: Kenneth’s Story.
• It’s going to take me years to fully appreciate the nuance of New Orleans cuisine. The book Eat Dat New Orleans is a very helpful guide.
• “I don’t need feminism because women *already* make up an equal number of CEOs, if you include Chicks Eating Oreos.” No To Feminism. Thank you Twitter.
• Tracy shared this gem with me and it’s just toooooo real: 17 Things Women Without Children Are Tired Of Hearing. “It must be nice to have so much free time.” Oh my gosh shhuuutttt uuupppp.
Happy Sunday! I love you bye-bye!
The Queen of Dreaming
I enjoyed your list! :)
Killer round-up. Let it Be Sunday should be called Let it Be Amazing…
Thanks so much for the link love! <3 <3
I may not have a ton of free time, but I definitely had enough this weekend to make a salted caramel cheesecake (you enabler of cheesecake decadence, you). My child even helped, from a morale standpoint. I can’t wait until he’s old enough and then I’m going to train him to make dougnuts.
hahah! train him to make doughnuts. such a smart mama!
I seriously love the 17 things women without children are tired of hearing! Made my day!
Love your roundup.
1. I hope you’ve seen this: https://confusedcatsagainstfeminism.tumblr.com/
2. DYING over that new yorker visiting LA post.
3. Wishlisted that New Orleans food guide. I just found out I’ll be visiting New Orleans in October! I’m so excited, it’s been at the top of my travel list for over 5 years.
I don’t know if it’s considered a compliment…..but whenever my sons tell me they love me more than anything else in the world!