This is a safe place. This is the place you can openly admit to watching Bachelor In Paradise and eating chocolate chips for dinner.
It’s Monday and the sheer fact that we’re making it through the day means that anything goes including chocolate for dinner and super easy crumble cobblers for dessert. It’s as simple as that, really.
Hopefully you have a peach and a few strawberries. Maybe you have a plum and a few cherries. Maybe there are a few blackberries and raspberries in your fridge. Noooo banana… save that for smoothie tomorrow morning.
Flour, brown sugar, oats, and pie spices together in a bowl. Just like old times, really.
Cold butter is added in cubes and the entire mixture is worked together into a buttery crumble.
I love the addition of sliced almonds, but you can skip those ooorrr add flaked coconut if you’re feelin’ it!
Any little oven-safe dishes will do. I have these 1-cup dishes that are just perfect for packing with fruit and crumble.
Fresh fruit topped with crumble. Crumble topped with more fruit Fruit topped with more crumble.
Topped with almonds and, because there’s a lot of goodness packed into these 1-cup bowls, I press it down a bit with a spoon. It will all cook down in the oven. Not to worry.
Baked until bubbly and golden crisp. It’s too easy, really.
Warm and ready for action! These little cobblers are perfect served warm from the oven, or topped with cold almond milk, whipped cream, or French Vanilla ice cream.
Weeknight baking! Let’s keep it easy.Print
Weeknight Cobbler For Two
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and cut into medium chunks
- 1 scant cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all-spice
- two small pinches salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional, but lovely)
- In a small bowl, toss together peach chunks and strawberry slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, spices, and salt. Add the butter chunks, and using your hands, quickly break the butter down into the dry ingredients. Some of the butte will the size of oat flakes, some the size of peas. Work the butter into the mixture. Toss in the sliced almonds and combine.
- Use two, small, oven-safe ramekins for baking. My ramekins were 1-cup size. Fill the ramekins halfway with peach and berries. Add a small handful of crumble topping to each ramekin. Split the remaining fruit between the two ramekins and top with the remaining crumble topping. Press the fruit and topping down into the ramekin. It should be very full and overflow a bit. Not to worry. It will cook down in the oven.
- Place the uncooked cobblers in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to protect from any bubble over.
- Place the chilled ramekins on the prepared baking pan and bake for 22-28 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve alone, drizzled with almond milk, topped with whipped cream, or with a side of ice cream!
Damn. I just made this with some super ripe nectarines and it was delish!!!! I’ll be making it again this weekend!
it looks sooooo good! I love peachs and strawberries, and almonds. Basically I love everything on your recipe.